Main Menu

1430 - Caffeine Bomb!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 13 March, 2005, 12:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Cover - There's nothing wrong with Greg Staples Sin Dex cover it's just a bit brown and bland.

Dredd - Carrying on nicely, this is a good story with art that makes it look like Gibson was actually interested in the story. Develops the story and sets us up for more, this is what multi parters should be like.

S.C.B. - This strip has exceeded my, admittedly low, expectations and that's no bad thing. Script and art are what we've got used to and the escalating plot scale gives the impression of building to a decent climax.

T.S.D.M. - Is okay stuff. Nice atmosphere to this story.

Sin Dex - Isn't going to win anyone over but it's entertained me. I think I'd have preferred to see Steve Roberts on the art chores.

Dante - Background filled in, typically Dante villains introduced, bitch fight. To quote J-Bo "What's not to like?".

Letters - Cheeky bugger Hanley.

Trout

Carlsborg Expert.

I still feel a lot of DC affluence on T.D.S.M:

It may lead to a hill of beans, but there was,the element that warmed me to the strip.

Not bad for a third visit:)

I agree on the cover,very biege.

The Amstor Computer

Ooh... and it sounds like somebody in the editorial dept is a fan of The Wildhearts...

Carlsborg Expert.

Actually I was only agreeing about the cover as I remembered it.

Looking at it now I am liking the rusty urbanism.
Gritty and striking,it is one of the best covers since Christmas.

Sorry Q,but it also is the best representation of Sin/dex for a long time,if ever.

What can I say, a complete, reversal of thoughts.

Max Kon

I have to say that T.S.D.M. was this prog's low point

Bad Andy

Even so, I'm surprised to hear that it's nearly over. Two more episodes? Its only just getting going (not mentioning anything about another dose of breasty dumplings).

I thought this series had been talked about for ages?

Eck

There seems to be a lot of 'wasted' page space in TSDM. In last week's prog especially, but still there this week.

The Amstor Computer

"Even so, I'm surprised to hear that it's nearly over. Two more episodes?"

Well, if it was guaranteed a return, a short initial run of TSDM would be welcome. Gives you time to introduce a world & set a story rolling without having to pack eveything into a few weeks.

If it is only a one-off, I can't see how it can all be satisfactorily wrapped up in just two more episodes.

(...and I also find it baffling that Second City Blues is accorded a three-month-plus run - I may be mistaken, but doesn't that make it one of the longest stories in the comic in the past few years? Does Kek-W have a voodoo doll of Tharg, or something? ;-) )

shazhughes

Really enjoyed this weeks comic but Sinister Dexter was the low point for me, havernt been enjoying the stories of Downlodes hitmen for quite some time but it doesnt help when the art really doesnt cut it. Is it just me (and without and artistic bone in my body) or does anyone else wonder how this managed to get past whatever quality control 2000AD use.

crazy comic guy

Nooooo it isnt here

ill hafta wait till wednesday........

The Amstor Computer

"does anyone else wonder how this managed to get past whatever quality control 2000AD use."

I often wonder that about Sin/Dex...

Queen Firey-Bou

cover rockes, as did last weeks.

can't believ tiger is going to be short ... its ace, something else, really fresh & gutsy.

SCB turned good after initial fears.

sin/dex was fine.

liking the tale in dredd, miss gibsons older work.

Wils

There's nothing wrong with Greg Staples Sin Dex cover

Not even'YИOF'.*  ;)

*I did look for a backwards 'F', but no joy.

McNulty

And so to my comments...

Dredd: Great art and a good story. Arrests are imminent...

Second City Blues: It's finally getting more interesting, probably because it's moving away from the sports aspect of the story.

TSDM: Sorry, the nudity and the gore doesn't do anything for me.

S/D: 3/4 of a page devoted to feeble coffee jokes? Come on, you can do better than that! Surely.

Dante: Easily the second best strip in this week's prog after Dredd. What is Dante's problem with his womanfolk in that he can't prevent them from being kidnapped??!

p.s. Regarding the letter entitled "Critical Mass" - It seems that 2000adonline is not receiving a very good press at the moment. I for one do not agree with everything that Mr Hanly had to say about this board being too intimidating at times. For the most part, I have always believed myself to be accepted here. While Conexus is correct in that I do not often contribute to the discussions in these boards, I do read the new posts almost every day. And while sometimes these discussions can be a little heated, and even descend slightly into less than sophisticated exchanges, I still think that these are the exceptions, rather than the norm. I'm more than happy to keep returning to these boards, despite the negative press it seems to be attracting of late. I just hope that we are not putting others off contributing here.

So, all in all, another good effort by the Mighty One and his staff. I'm especially looking forward to next week's Dredd...