Main Menu

1430 - Caffeine Bomb!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 13 March, 2005, 12:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

'Conexus is correct in that I do not often contribute to the discussions in these boards...'

'Twas all in jest ;)

Queen Firey-Bou

hurrah, nice defense of the board there McNaulty, i do wonder why these slagging the board letters get printed, it does smack of a bit of an own goal... someone must have irritated tharg or something.

or is it sophisticated & cool for the stars/creators/editors/producers of a genre/thing/publication to slag off the rank & file fan base?  Oy you readers & customers & buyers of our comic, shaddap you talk brainless shite !    seems odd is all.

i didnt get the coffee jokes... should i drink more coffee?

hey that reminded me of a story, that coke-cola is the biggest selling soft drink everywhere in the world except glasgow, where the market is held by Irn-Bru, produced by Barrs, a scotish company. hurrah ! that woud be great if true. In our shop, lucozade, red bull & a scottish flavoured water outstrip coke by miles...hurrah !!

Funtwangle

sin/dex was really funny for once
dredd really makes me want to read next weeks episod now to find out what will happen
2nd city blues reminds me when i was reading my brothers copies and didnt get the jokes
except now i get them
the cover is great
still think tiger dragon makes no sense and is fucking awful
dante was good fun

Banners

Two more episodes?

For TSDM? For real? What a shame. Also a shame how after the glorious epoch-shaking opening episode, things have merely centred around two rooms.

M@

Jared Katooie

Banners

...(although not as glorious as it could have been due to the letraset baddies stuck onto the backgrounds).

M@

pauljholden

According to Tharg (in the letters) Tiger Sun climaxs in Prog 1332 (so only -102 progs to go countdown fans) which is clever, even by Tharg's standards :P

- pj

Wils

which is clever, even by Tharg's standards :P

Although still not on a par with his deciding to flip the painting on the cover.

El Spurioso

"In our shop, lucozade, red bull & a scottish flavoured water outstrip coke by miles...hurrah !!"

....What does Scotland taste like, then?  

Comedy answers only, please.

...oh, and for the record, I still think TSDM is fuckin' ace.  

Queen Firey-Bou

badum tshhhhhhhh

why scottish flavor is slightly gritty, & salty, with a mild metalic flavor, possibly iron, possibly blood, its definately peaty & has a nice layer of floating grease, possibly from oil deposits, possibly from pies. yummy.

i am surprised at the negative reaction to tiger, & might have to go back & look at it to rationally prepare a thesis about just why it ROCKS.

eggonlegs

Max Kon

Wils, a backwards FONY is easier to do using html:

FONY

should work

Carlsborg Expert.

No, Sin /dex had flaws cutting it to ribands.

I can see what its trying to do. Its nice to have tooth, discussive enough, to elaborate on the changing climate of the market place out there.

When they were still wondering what is out there? That is when they are most effective.

Would we be bombed?

What is black independence?

These and more.

Tiger Sun Dragon moon.Yeah its  a salubrious effort. This where the writers are at home writing. Upper middle class, orientals with traditional values coping with a "modern age" of a threat.They've built an island unreachable by the average person.Its their view of the world and how it should be.
I think the story has to be a possible lead in tho.
The lush frames of Dante flow like a vampirella threw up on them.

Either its me or the cJd but the love is spent on this issue and mkaybe Ive spoilt it for myself by waiting too long to read it.

"Knee-jerk reactions "pfft

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

SamuelAWilkinson

"....What does Scotland taste like, then?"

C'mon, Si, we all know this one. Bitter. Bitter and hateful.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.