Main Menu

Bristol Farewell...

Started by locustsofdeath!, 08 January, 2011, 12:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Ah yes, shaping up to be an epic con! I'll be there of course, and my wife's coming too (I've finally convinced her). It'll be great to see Colin and Bolt and his Lordship and Fiery Bou again, and all you new faces (to me) too!

uncle fester

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 January, 2011, 02:15:08 PM
Me and Mr Dave Thomson are at table 75 flogging our glorious wares.

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 January, 2011, 02:33:36 PM
FQP & Zarjaz are at table 78, while Satchmo and Mike Battle will be at table 80! Cool room!

Fiver says it degenerates into a war with rubber bands being fired across the bows...
EDIT: ...Just as Mrs Locusts walks into the room...

El Chivo

When is it? be good 2 meet u Locust, & Van Dom if u're going,plus all u other guys again  :)

Chi

davethomson

Quote from: El Chivo on 21 January, 2011, 03:54:02 PM
When is it? be good 2 meet u Locust, & Van Dom if u're going,plus all u other guys again  :)

Chi

14th and 15th of May. If it is anything like last year it should be ruddy warm down there as well!
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Emperor

Quote from: uncle fester on 21 January, 2011, 03:17:04 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 January, 2011, 02:15:08 PM
Me and Mr Dave Thomson are at table 75 flogging our glorious wares.

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 January, 2011, 02:33:36 PM
FQP & Zarjaz are at table 78, while Satchmo and Mike Battle will be at table 80! Cool room!

Fiver says it degenerates into a war with rubber bands being fired across the bows...
EDIT: ...Just as Mrs Locusts walks into the room...

And table 77 is WJC, I want to get his Kani comic.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

willthemightyW

Wait, I'm confused, is there more than one bristol comic event type thing, because there is more than one site.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Bolt-01

Will, there are actually two events now; One for all the mainstram comic-types, and then there is the Small Press Expo round the corner. I'm in two minds as to whether this works, as I really loved the free-for-all nature of the commonwealth Hall the event used to be in, but Fallen Angel are doing their best.

Richmond Clements

Plus- the Small Press venue has glorious air-con, while the Ramada is like wading through a swamp full of nerd sweat and farts.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 January, 2011, 03:24:07 PM
Plus- the Small Press venue has glorious air-con, while the Ramada is like wading through a swamp full of nerd sweat and farts.

This is true... I had to unexpectedly catch up on a lettering job on the Sunday last year and spent about four hours on my laptop with the delightfully cool bar almost entirely to myself, barring a walkthrough cameo by Al Ewing.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

strontium71

Can anyone definitely confirm if 2000AD are going to be there? I was hoping to go this year after an unfortunate absence but if they won't be there...
...because I hate you.

Simply Si

Unfortunatley I won't be able to make Bristol due to work commitments in Egypt which means that Bolt's charm and sales pitches won't make me part with £1.50, don't worry Bolt I'll save it for Birmingham! :D
Do you have to put something witty here?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: strontium71 on 22 January, 2011, 09:28:23 PM
Can anyone definitely confirm if 2000AD are going to be there? I was hoping to go this year after an unfortunate absence but if they won't be there...

There's hardly enough going on at the 2000AD stand to keep you occupied for a two day convention, so I'm slightly mystified at the idea that their absence alone would make the Con a non-starter...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

strontium71

No it's not that , it's just I haven't been in a long while but every time I read on here after the event , there's always someone who has to mention how great it was and so and so was there who did this and that for me , and I didn't want to miss out this year.
Or am I not understanding it right? The 2000ad droids will be at the 2000ad table , no?
Like I said , I haven't been for ages and even then I'm too embarassed to queue up for a sketch and always miss out  :(.
...because I hate you.

bluemeanie

Looking like me and the wife going to be at Bristol now. Not sure if its just a hit and run on the Saturday or if we're staying over

But I'm 99% sure that while the usual 2000AD faces will be there, there isnt a 2000AD table this year.

Matt Timson

WTF?!? An extra £90 to stay at the Ramada this year?!?  I don't think so- looks like I might be giving it a miss after all...
Pffft...