Main Menu

PLANETARY! an end is (possibly) in sight

Started by Tweak72, 31 March, 2005, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

im on bad signal Ellis's blurb email thing he blurbed about the fact he has got the end PLANETARY in sight and about the tie ins plot wise so i sent him this email

"Does this mean paper will still be in use by the time the next trade comes out?  
will the last chapters be beamed directly into out brains? or on a single sheet of intelligetnt plastic that will morph from page to page?
will there be titty?"

and blow me he answered right back

"Fucker.  I'll be all done by the end
of the year.

---
Sent from mobile device
probably from the pub"

so finally and end in sight possibly soon though he may be drunk
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Art

Theres only two issues to go, even Ellis can do that in 9 months. Probably.

Quirkafleeg

>he has got the end PLANETARY in sight

Unlike his own feet.. the fat git

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Art

Warren Ellis wears slippers in public you know...

Art

Still, the fat ego-monster does give 2000ad online it's props on his bloggo-thing.

Link: http://www.warrenellis.com/index.php?p=514" target="_blank">http://www.warrenellis.com/index.php?p=514

Byron Virgo

Planetary'll never finish, it'll just carry on forever like Dante's seventh circle of hell.

"Warren Ellis wears slippers in public you know..."

Scary observation - I do exactly the same thing, though this may simply be to confirm my position as an '86 year-old trapped in a 25 year-old body'.

Art

By the end of the year we'll have no Planetary, no Sleeper and no Human Target... I'm running out of reasons to keep going to the comics shop.

Byron Virgo

Didn't you think the second series of Sleeper hasn't quite matched up to either the first series or Point Blank, though?

I find I get more excited about small press stuff thatn I do about mainstream comics now (though Queen & Country, Albion, Scarlet Traces 2, Tales of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and the new Eddie Campbell have me on tenterhooks...)

Art

Sleeper is rocking! YOU DIE NOW!

(On consideration: possibly, but I'm still loving it)

Byron Virgo

I suppose it'll all depend on how it all wraps up (I have my theories, but shan't say in case I'm proved dissatrously wrong).

ukdane

Art: And I suppose 7 Soldiers will be burried by years end too.

Byron: I might just eliminate you from Fantasy Football for your comments about Sleeper ;-)

Is anyone else reading "Small Gods"?
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

And whilst we're talking Ellis-
Has anyone read Ocean- what's it like?
and is anyone going to get Desolation Jones?
Cheers

-Daney

Art

I missed the first issue of Ocean, and found it in  back-issue bin at some ridiculous price, so I figured I'd wait for the trade.

The annoying thing about Ellis is that I'd like to beleive he;s still capable of moments of genius, so i keep buying his comics with great expectations. Unfortunately this has lead to me buying a lot of lazy shite...

ukdane

Well, I gave up on Bad Signal a while back... and I've slowly lost interest in his work. I too missed Ocean, but might pick up Desolation Jones.
Cheers

-Daney