Main Menu

Let's all help poor sad Gary

Started by Trout, 06 December, 2002, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

The other day in the chatroom, Gary Wilkinson expressed the poor sad opinion that no-one cool is called Gary.

He was bemoaning the face he has the same first name as the likes of Wilmot and Glitter.

Your mighty monarch has been feeling sad for him ever since, and I'd like to call on everyone to help out with suggestions of cool people called Gary.

My own fishy brain power has led me to suggesting:

Extremely cool cowboy actor Gary Cooper

Slightly less cool (but still an actor) Gary Sinise and

The epitome of cool Gary Crant, although admittedly that's pushing it a bit.

Can anyone else help?

- Trout

damnandblast

If you include 'Gareth' there's Gates, Thomas, Hunt...

Tell you what, let's *not* include 'Gareth'.

Gary. Hmmm... How about Wilmott? Busey? Rhodes? Lineker?

On the plus side you've got Oldman. He's rather good in his usual utterly-over-the-top way in the latest BMW film.

Nigel

Link: http://intl.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?template=synopsis&country=eurorussia&film=beatthedevil" target="_blank">BMW Films - Beat The Devil

jdmobius

Gary numan was cool in the eighties........er that's all I can think of.

Queen Firey-Bou

erm, ...Gary Coggins a long lost cousin of mine ?

JimBob

Gary Busey manages that rare feat of being obese and annoying yet still some how cool, exhibit A Point Break.

Dog Rough

Sorry mate lost cause I'm afraid, Garrys just aren't cool, fact of life.
Could be worse though....
You could be called Graham

The Dawg.

Quirkafleeg

... and blues rocker Gary Moore, The Far Side cartoonist Gary Larson, the man in black - golfer
Gary Player.

Of course my presence on the Earth increases the names coolness by about a thousand fold.

And as already pointed out there are far worse names: Keith, Kevin, Neil...

damnandblast

Art

Mudcrab

Argh, I can't think of any. I've read too many replies and now 'Gary' has lost all meaning!!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mk13

Or what about Gary Gygax, who bequeathed a legacy of coolness and credibility to all Garys the world over by, erm, inventing D&D.

Mudcrab

Indeed, do a google search and there's quite a few Garys there. But the best I reckon, is to have a place named after you. I myself, am the capital of the Isle of Man, and other assorted places. But Gary, my dear boy, you have a city named after you!

http://www.gary.in.us/HOME.ASP">City of Gary!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Quirkafleeg

Actually the name came from the town... Strangely the only book I can remember reading that features the place is The Stand - Trashcan Man burns the place down.

And now I feel like a song, all together now..
"Gary don't need is eyes to see / Gary and his eyes have parted company!"

JayzusB.Christ

Nicely quoted, Gary:
'GGGAAARRRYYY GGIIILLLLMORRRRE'S EYYYES!!!', if I'm not mistaken.
But we're forgetting about the very pinnacle of cool: Gareth Keenan from The Office!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/gareth/images/gareth.jpg">
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Matt Timson

Be thankful man- I was a gnat's whisker away from being Jethro or *shudder* Colin...
Pffft...