Main Menu

Let's all help poor sad Gary

Started by Trout, 06 December, 2002, 02:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

JayzusB.Christ

Jethro?
YEEEEEEE-HAAAAAA!
My mate's mother was unsure whether to call him after Mark Bolan or another obscure singer called Colin somethin-or-other. Bolan lost.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Matt Timson

Pffft...

JayzusB.Christ

True.  Still, though, he did better than the Bolan lad's own son, Rolan.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mk13

Gary, Indiana rings a bell from somewhere - it's either mentioned in Stupid White Men or Fast Food Nation, so presumably nothing good is said about it...

N.B. Has anyone mentioned Garry Bushell yet?

Matt Timson

"True. Still, though, he did better than the Bolan lad's own son, Rolan."

Yeah- what kind of idiot would do that to his own kid?!?  Somebody who couldn't see the wood for the trees, that's who...

Ha.
Pffft...

Mk13

2000AD Online

you think thats bad my middle names bowie!!!

Queen Firey-Bou

Kid bowie samurai  ? wow, at least its not Kid Gary Samurai.

JayzusB.Christ

'Somebody who couldn't see the wood for the trees, that's who... '

Ohhhhhhh, you vicious bastid.
The saddest thing is, last I heard Mark's son was in a hip-hop band called 'Rolan Bolan and the Brotherhood of Bounce'. It's not something to be proud of, Roly boy.
And Zowie Bowie (who inspired the name Rolan Bolan) is now called Joe Bowie. I thought Zowie was alright.
What about Bob Geldof's daughter, Fifi Trixabelle? And Frank Zappa's son Moon Unit? You're LUCKY you're called Gary.

petemaskreplica

"And Frank Zappa's son Moon Unit"

Daughter, actually. His son's called Dweezil.

When someone once suggested to Zappa that it was a bit cruel namimg his kids things like Dweezil or Moon Unit, he replied,
"Well, some people call their kids Frank!"

Matt Timson

"Ohhhhhhh, you vicious bastid."

Yeah, but only on Thursday to Wednesday...
Pffft...

JayzusB.Christ

'Daughter, actually. His son's called Dweezil.'

Ah, well that's alright, then.

Quirkafleeg

Surprised no ones mentioned Gareth "I'm a tiger!" Cheesman yet...

Oh and Gary In. home of the Miss USA pagent, which I'm sure featured in Moore's TV show so my bets on for Stupid White Men, which I really must though I know it'll make me very angry

petemaskreplica

Gary Lucas.
Genius guitarist and former cohort of Captain Beefheart and Jeff Bucley.