Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinH

Quote from: WhitBloke on 11 December, 2012, 03:53:23 PM
Worryingly, all of my rereads of Fink stories in recent years have been vocal-acted by The Crack Fox from The Mighty Boosh.  Not so much an 'over my head' thing as a 'get the drokk out of my mind!' thing.

"Ta gits that Nazi man Dredd, ah'm gonna need mah paralyzin' poison an' mah squishy boots!"

WhitBloke

That's it.  My Fink-reading brain is now officially bended.  But I am certain I know what his pizens are made from.  Blood from a cat's face and shit... lots and lots of shit.

Oh.  Wait.  Wrong forum.   :-\
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Dash Decent

Should we get in early and point out the "Arab Spring" connection to "Mutant Spring"?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

SuperSurfer

Pat wagon = patrol wagon.

Dumb, I know.

Only clicked few days ago when I was catching up on reading backlog of stuff such ad Case Files 2!

Buttonman

A newcomer to 'Breaking Bad' explained to me the meaning of bent lawyer Saul Goodman's name.

Seemingly 'It's all good, man'.

JayzusB.Christ

Halo's mate Toy was [spoiler]a lesbian[/spoiler].  Seems so obvious now.  Did I mention this before?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Skullmo

That America was satire.

Bash those dirty domeocrats Dredd!
It's a joke. I was joking.

mididoctors

In The Robohunter story Verdus there is a pastiche of bilbo baggins meeting gollom

Dandontdare

thanks to a BBC4 doc, I only just found out that "Mr Mojo Rising" from LA woman is an anagram of Jim Morison.

This followed a superb Pink Floyd doc, so I'm wallowing in old cool music right now.

Frank

In Mandroid, the name of the wife who ends up as an automaton with no mind of her own is called Katherine Rosson.

Hoagy

It is good to know 2000ad remains deep down, subversive and readers still notice.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Hoagy

What's that about again Huffster? I got illuminated on it once and it clicked, but for the life off me I can't remember what it is.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Proudhuff

its a really,really cunning word play that went over my young head.. until years later when it finally clicked!!
DDT did a job on me

WhizzBang

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 February, 2013, 12:06:49 AM
thanks to a BBC4 doc, I only just found out that "Mr Mojo Rising" from LA woman is an anagram of Jim Morison.

No it isn't. There is no 'G' in 'Jim Morison' and there is only 1 'r'.