Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Payable to Shark Enterprises Inc., of course...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Damn, I'd finally got round to starting to sort out my comic boxes with the thought of selling off most and getting TPB if I really realy liked them with the funds raised... doesnt sound possible now...
DDT did a job on me

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

amateur epidemiologists. had a year of them, now. and it has proved to be even more dangerous, i suggest, than the notion of an amateur surgeon.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: paddykafka on 29 April, 2021, 06:31:50 PM
Words fail me.  >:(

https://www.thejournal.ie/meath-neolithic-monument-graffiti-5424080-Apr2021/#comments

Ah, for feck's sake.  I am a Meath man myself and have visited Lough Crew many times - it's always struck me as amazing that it does the same job as Newgrange (though it lets the light in at equinoxes rather than solstices), yet it's hardly known except by locals.  While it's lovely to see the lack of entry fees, guided tours, gift shops etc, this is a serious downside.  Wankers.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

I hear ya, Jayzus.

It is incidences of such brainless destruction like this that bring out my inner fascist. But if by some stroke of luck that the perpetrators were found, would sticking them in the stocks and letting them be pilloried with rotten fruit, vegetables and abuse etc for a few days be an over-reaction? At this point in time, I honestly don't think it would be.

TordelBack

Quote from: paddykafka on 29 April, 2021, 07:38:04 PM
...would sticking them in the stocks and letting them be pilloried with rotten fruit, vegetables and abuse etc for a few days be an over-reaction?

Does the fruit have to be rotten?  Reckon I could get some appropriate momentum into an unripe avocado.

paddykafka

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 April, 2021, 07:51:04 PM
Quote from: paddykafka on 29 April, 2021, 07:38:04 PM
...would sticking them in the stocks and letting them be pilloried with rotten fruit, vegetables and abuse etc for a few days be an over-reaction?

Does the fruit have to be rotten?  Reckon I could get some appropriate momentum into an unripe avocado.

I like your way of thinking, Tordels. But no doubt, the limp-wristed liberals and do-gooders would have something to say about that. Hell, they'd probably be checking that the oranges were de-pipped first for Health & Safety reasons.

The Legendary Shark

Soon they'll just have their Covid Passports taken away and their UBI stopped.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

"...But no doubt, the limp-wristed liberals and do-gooders would have something to say about that..."

Are you in character as a Daily Mail reader here, satirising their attitudes? If not, this IS an over-reaction and pretty poor phrasing.

I say this because many, many years ago when I was finding my view of the world, I used the very same phrase as an insult and slur. I still regret it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 30 April, 2021, 09:51:19 AM

Are you in character as a Daily Mail reader here, satirising their attitudes?

Apologies for speaking on Paddy's behalf here but I took it that he was doing exactly that.

Personally, though my gut reaction is that I'd love to see the little feckers get a hiding for desecrating one of my favourite monuments, I know it would be wrong.  But I do think some kind of serious punishment is due here - for me this is roughly akin to someone graffitiing the Mona Lisa, for example, or knocking a chunk out of the Sphinx's face.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

"...But no doubt, the limp-wristed liberals and do-gooders would have something to say about that..."

Well, I thought my annoyance about de-pipping oranges would have been a hint, but yes, I was speaking in character.  :)

milstar

When I tell people to close doors and they haven't got enough decency to do it. Asshole. Btw, I can't stand the open doors.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: paddykafka on 30 April, 2021, 11:00:36 AM

Well, I thought my annoyance about de-pipping oranges would have been a hint, but yes, I was speaking in character.  :)

Grand! Thought that was the case. Apologies just me projecting thirty plus year old guilt.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

paddykafka

Nae worries, Tiplodocus and thanks, Jayzus, for stepping in on my defence.

I know how easily it can happen for comments or posts to be misinterpreted. And I've learned from bitter experience - to the point of near paranoia - to be VERY careful about what I say, how I say it, and to try my best to ensure, where possible that my words / phrasing do not cause offence. (Maybe we need someone out there to create an "I'm Really Not Being Serious" emoji, lol.)

As to the scrotes that committed the vandalism, in an ideal world, Slaine would have stepped out fully-formed from the walls, given the vandals an object lesson in ancient retribution, and he wouldn't have thought them too many.