Main Menu

Caballistic Inc or Bec and Krawl?

Started by Proudhuff, 21 February, 2003, 07:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Caballistic Inc or Bec and Krawl?
This came from 'The Herald'.  Life imitationg art?

Occult expert in hunt for horse attackers
By DAVID MONTGOMERY.
AN expert in religiously motivated crime has been called in by animal welfare workers to help investigate a series of attacks on horses that may be linked to the occult calendar.

Richard Hoskins is the official cultural adviser to the "Adam" case, in which the torso of a young boy was found floating in the River Thames. He was thought to have been taken to London and killed as a human sacrifice.

The consultant in religious crime, who lectures on religion at Bath Spa University, has now been enlisted by the Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SSPCA) to analyse incidents, including ritual attacks, on horses around the country over the past 16 months.

While some animals have been stabbed, sexually abused, and assaulted, others have had their tails chopped off or manes plaited or covered in a sticky substance.

Horse owners have also found ritualistic symbols hidden in corners of fields, ranging from tiny stone altars to pre-Christian power signs such as double-headed axes.

The SSPCA has asked anyone who suspects their horse has been tampered with, no matter how minor, to make contact and it will see if a pattern emerges for what it suspects could add up to hundreds of attacks throughout Britain.

Doreen Graham, a spokeswoman for the SSPCA, said the timings of the attacks appeared to have links with the occult calendar.

She said a retired Aberdeenshire policeman, who was helping with the inquiry and who did not want to be named, had made the initial connection with the work of shamans or witch doctors.

The SSPCA inquiry, being run jointly with the RSPCA in England, will continue until December, after which Dr Hoskins and John MacIntyre, the chief pagan for Scotland, will analyse the results.

"Someone looked at statistics for various attacks and they seemed to start in October and end at Easter. This might tally with the occult calendar," said Ms Graham. "The god of the horse is Mars, and the day that relates to Mars is Tuesday. Some of the attacks happened late on a Monday night or early on a Tuesday."

Ms Graham said local "hot spots" had already been identified in Ayrshire, Fife, Lanarkshire, and Nottingham.

Middenpus.
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

That's funny.  Which means it must be CABALISTICS.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Capt.Zeep

Yeah I heard about that too...
Most occult types I know wouldn't dream of interfering with a horse, plus well you know you'd have to be pretty fecking brave (as well as spectacularly odd) to try and molest one.  I mean they're big, you know!

Plus surely that's all to cock about the "occult calendar" whatever the feck that's supposed to be.  As I undersand it winter is not a particularly fortuitous time to try and attempt magical thingies...it kind of goes from Beltain to Samhain as I understand it, when the solar power is strong...ooer I've gone a bit Mat Pills...Must be Bec & Cawl then :)

Art

Sounds an awful lot like the mid-western cattle mutilation scares. Any UFOs been sighted?

Quirkafleeg

I think someone's seen Equus way too many times

karne

"I think someone's seen Equus way too many times"

Considering that Equus features Jenny Agutter in the nip, I would imagine that lots of folk have seen it way too many times :)

Buddy

Not that it's difficult to see the mighty Jenny in the nip (Walkabout, An American Wearwolf In London, Logans Run etc...) I havn't yet had the pleasure of Equus, although I'm open to offers....

Is it on DVD?

Buddy

Sorry I forgot to say I thought it looked like alien mutilation. Distracted by Jenny, you see..

Bolt-01

Its not Rennie doing research is it?

Some people get carried away with that sort of thing.

rotts