General Chat > Off Topic

Back to the Office

<< < (8/11) > >>

Barrington Boots:
Yesterday I was in the office all on my own. Not really sure what the point of that was.

There's a mild fear here that if we press the issue on this then the mandate will change back to 'everyone in all the time' but it's a fairly ridiculous situation at the moment.

broodblik:
I am so glad that our policy is the reverse, you need a very good reason why you are at the office. We even need to get approval to go to office and you must be very specific on the time off arrival etc.

Barrington Boots:
Having been back to 100% WFH since the new measures came in in December, we've been told it's back to 100% in the office from end of January with all flexible / hybrid working to be abandoned.

Some of us are pushing back, but I fear minds won't be changed and the outcome will be me getting a new job, which I really don't want to do as I like this one and I haven't been in the job market for a looong time.

I'm angry but mainly so disappointed that after all the platitudes and talk of work life balance and building back better, it's build back as it was before.

IndigoPrime:
I imagine this will be the way for a lot of companies, some of which will be all shocked when loads of people quit for organisations that are more flexible. If output and productivity hasn’t been affected, why mandate people work in an office? It makes no sense.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 January, 2022, 05:31:42 PM ---Some of us are pushing back, but I fear minds won't be changed and the outcome will be me getting a new job, which I really don't want to do as I like this one and I haven't been in the job market for a looong time.

I'm angry but mainly so disappointed that after all the platitudes and talk of work life balance and building back better, it's build back as it was before.

--- End quote ---

Precisely what my wife is experiencing right now. She's trying to push back for the moment, on the grounds that the covid situation is current;y worse than it was when the Govt brought back the WFH advice in December, and that the Chair of the BMA has described the Government's decision to relax covid measures as clearly "not guided by the data"… but I fear this will be a losing battle.

I've suggested that she digs her heels in, simply because insisting on a return to the office right now is demonstrably unsafe and if they sack her for refusing to do it, she can take them to the cleaners.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version