Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Project Sketchbook continues to trundle on...  The one below was an early contribution from quiet genius Henry Flint, although I was only sent a scan of this the other day.  Bloomin' marvelous.

Hawkmumbler

WTF I can't even......my brain's gonna burn out staring at that Flint Death piece ming. :o

Skullmo

That is a cracking Judge Death!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Link Prime

Andrew_J

This has to be the most epic project ever.

ming

Frank

That is top quality, ming. There's something odd going on when the quality of line and finish of the stuff Ezquerra's knocking out for commissions and fan sketches is even better than his strip work in 2000ad. Hopefully the El Mestizo reboot Carlos is doing with Gordon Rennie in The Megazine will be up to the mark of your fantastic pages.

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 22 April, 2014, 05:49:45 PM
The epic continues...

Very nice indeed, and always a joy to see more from Mr Carlos.
Johnny, in this, is very reminiscent of that old Starlord back cover(?), which was an early design concept reused, I think..

ming

Quote from: Spikes on 22 April, 2014, 06:30:43 PMJohnny, in this, is very reminiscent of that old Starlord back cover(?), which was an early design concept reused, I think..

Good eye!  I mentioned to Carlos that that pin-up has always been a huge favourite of mine and he seemed to take that on board.  That pin-up is pretty much the best standalone SD image for me, even though the character evolved away from that look fairly quickly.  (The ice-like proto-electronux was amazing...)

Fungus

That Carlos Ezquerra "sketch" is just beautiful.
And I've just realised part of the appeal is the black & whiteness.... I just think there's something about Carlos - and Brian and Kevin... - that looks better in mono.

maryanddavid

Looks great, Its ticking along nicely, isint it. Do you have an idea of when it will be finished, or is it an open ended sort of thing? And yes I'd love to see more B&W Carlos in the prog too.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

This just in from the awesome talent that is Fay Dalton.  Jaw - meet floor.

James Stacey