Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Quote from: Tomwe on 21 November, 2020, 09:30:05 PM
Isn't revere already confirmed for the first time extension? He's on the spine.

I assumed that too then i was reminded that revere actually showed up in indigo prime so thats likely why hes on the spine

Tomwe

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 November, 2020, 01:14:26 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 21 November, 2020, 09:30:05 PM
Isn't revere already confirmed for the first time extension? He's on the spine.

I assumed that too then i was reminded that revere actually showed up in indigo prime so thats likely why hes on the spine
Gosh darnit you're right. Somehow I thought it was on that other list (it isn't).

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 21 November, 2020, 10:09:55 PM
I thought we were more or less finished with Sinister Dexter and to be honest I must be the only one who wasn't thrilled with Devlin Waugh.

It seems as if the extension is going to be a bit of a mixed bag further on.

Yeah what they've announced so far doesn't look as exciting as the 1st extension. Leviathan, Revere and Brass Sun seem like the pick of the lot. That said we only really know about 50% of the contents. We don't know if we're getting 1 or 2 volumes of things like Finn and Strontium Dogs or how many more volumes of Sin Dex will be included. The 6 continuation volumes I listed are also pure speculation, although I really hope those do get included. There could still be some exciting surprises to be announced.

The tricky bit for me at the moment is trying to decide whether or not to take advantage of Rebellion's sales. I've picked up Cradlegrave, the Return to ABCs volumes and the 2 Ro-busters books over recent months as it didn't look like we were getting them. Now it seems like those could all end up as duplicates. I've been contemplating a couple of titles in the current sale (Fall Of Deadworld 2, Kingmaker, Machine Law, Kingdom) but I don't want to end up with even more doubles. Hmmmm.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 21 November, 2020, 05:37:40 PM
I suspect there wll only be 1 book of cherry-picked Strontium Dogs stuff. Maybe just the Nigel Dobbyn stuff that's ~200 pages which would be perfect.

I wonder - as I think a lot of us are - if they might stick the extant Durham Red material in there, too. Island of the Damned is 62 pages; Scarlet Apocrypha 46. Add that to the Strontium Dogs' stuff and you've got an average of two 217-page books.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Got my subs books today, including the reprint of spine 63.

Lobster Random seems a little strange, like the cover isn't big enough for the contents. It reprints all 240 pages (total according to barney).

Red Seas 1 covers Under the Banner of King, Twilight of the Idols, Meanwhile... & Underworld for a total of 200 pages.

IndigoPrime

Surprisingly early. A nice set of books.

leethomson

Quote from: Tomwe on 23 November, 2020, 11:13:12 AM
Lobster Random seems a little strange, like the cover isn't big enough for the contents. It reprints all 240 pages (total according to barney).

I see what you mean. The spine isn't quite wide enough for the contents. Nice to have a book that feels like it's bursting at the seams!

sintec

Yeah it feels like the assigned a strip from the spine image that was too thin for the page count. Hopefully the binding will hold - seems to be ok. First Robo-hunter volume had roughly the same page count but doesn't suffer from the bulging issue.

Loving The Red Seas so far. Gorgeous art and a great swashbuckling yarn.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 27 November, 2020, 06:08:41 PM
Yeah it feels like the assigned a strip from the spine image that was too thin for the page count. Hopefully the binding will hold - seems to be ok.

Don't have Lobster Random yet, but my copy of Firekind seems to have the opposite issue - a needlessly wide spine for the size of book...!
@jamesfeistdraws

credo

Is there a list of the extended extension that's not on Facebook?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: credo on 30 November, 2020, 11:50:16 AM
Is there a list of the extended extension that's not on Facebook?

There isn't a list for the (extended) extension at all yet, just a few books that have so far been mentioned.*

*Finn, Sinister Dexter, Strontium Dogs, ABC Warriors, Brass Sun, Black Hawk, The Mean Arena, and Revere
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

There's also a lot of clues as to what will be included in the artwork for the extension extension which can be found a little further down the thread.

sintec

Back on page 305 I put together a speculative list based on what we can see in the previewed spine art and things that have been name dropped. It's in no way definitive though - just guesswork.

Tomwe

Looking at your speculations again: Maybe Leviathan could top up Brass Sun vol 2 with the writer connection, and similarly the third Kingdom volume could be filled with Feral & Foe. It's all so far away though.

Barrington Boots

Are Hachette looking to reprint the entirety of Red Seas do we know? 99% of it ran in my prog wilderness years and I've got two collected editions of the start of the series and thats it. I'm tempted to pick up this volume, but don't want to end up with another copy of what is mostly the same material.

I was thinking initially I'd wait, but I missed a couple of Dante books in my attempt to upgrade the collection to HC and they've never come back into print, so it feels like a 'get now or miss out' scenario.
You're a dark horse, Boots.