Main Menu

Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon

Started by Tjm86, 08 May, 2023, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Oh yes.  The 'smoking rocket ships' of yore.  A clear influence on a certain Artistic Legend of our own pastures ...

Barrington Boots

I've bought, and am reading and enjoying some Alex Raymond Flash Gordon as a direct result of this thread.
It's absolutely beautiful stuff and the story moves at a breakneck pace. Crazy monsters abound.

Princess Aura is the star of the strip imo: unlike the very passive Dale she's always showing up in a sexy alien outfit and kicking ass. I was surprised by how little dialogue there is compared to narration. My favourite line is when Ming proclaims he is going to marry Dale, Flash responds by saying "So that's your game is it?"
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Klegg Bait

I love the Titan editions and really hope they continue the series, but I doubt they will. It had been many years since in between the last two volumes.

It was ambitious, to be a complete set of Flash Gordon strips.

Tjm86

Ambitious doesn't even begin to cover it when you realise how long the series was actually going for.  It is a shame that the series petered out but the volumes that are available are definitely worth a gander.  FP had some of the dailies in their sale recently for £5 each.  If they're still available at those prices it would be criminal to pass them up.