Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Saw my dad today for the first time since 1994(!), in the middle of my parent's horrible 9-year long divorce. Very weird seeing him again after so long (he's gone grey, for one thing, which really drove home how long it's been!) but it wasn't at all awkward and the conversation flowed nicely. Had a lovely pub lunch in Winchester (just off England's oldest alley) with him and my mum and youngest brother. And then came home to a cracking prog to cap it off!
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Nice one, Jimbo, that is pretty drokkin' fantastic alright.  Can't come close to that, but I had a pretty cool stupid-grin manipulative-father/indoctrinated-son moment over dinner the other night. 

My daughter (3) was acting up as usual at feeding time, and was threatened with the time-out step. My son (6) piped up: "Never mind that - report to Mek-Quake!".   :D

COMMANDO FORCES

Because at 09:00 I will be in London collecting a very large piece of Dredd merchandise and I can't drokkin' wait :D

Darren Stephens

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 30 September, 2012, 04:11:35 AM
Because at 09:00 I will be in London collecting a very large piece of Dredd merchandise and I can't drokkin' wait :D
Oooh, that's now. What is this big item you speak of....?
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Trout

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 September, 2012, 06:19:04 PM
Saw my dad today for the first time since 1994(!), in the middle of my parent's horrible 9-year long divorce. Very weird seeing him again after so long (he's gone grey, for one thing, which really drove home how long it's been!) but it wasn't at all awkward and the conversation flowed nicely. Had a lovely pub lunch in Winchester (just off England's oldest alley) with him and my mum and youngest brother. And then came home to a cracking prog to cap it off!

I'm sorry I missed this before. It's very heart-warming! Thrilled for you, Jimbo.

ming

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 30 September, 2012, 09:21:24 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 30 September, 2012, 04:11:35 AM
Oooh, that's now. What is this big item you speak of....?

The giant Dredd film banner? 

TordelBack

Quote from: ming on 30 September, 2012, 10:03:43 AM

Either that or Karl Urban won't be seeing his family for a while (at least until they pony up for an admission ticket).

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 September, 2012, 10:37:36 AM
Quote from: ming on 30 September, 2012, 10:03:43 AM

Either that or Karl Urban won't be seeing his family for a while (at least until they pony up for an admission ticket).

I sense a Wicker Tree type ending to this one  :|
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

COMMANDO FORCES

Just got home and I have no idea how I'm gonna unfurl this banner, it is HUGE! You guessed it Ming, it's the banner from the top of the Empire Theatre.
There is a spot over the road I could lay it on or I might have to pop up the playing fields, I will decide in a moment and then take pictures.

SmallBlueThing

Because my nine year old s done his online homework and is now reading pile of Judge Dredd annuals on the chaise longue.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 September, 2012, 12:16:06 PM
Because my nine year old s done his online homework and is now reading pile of Judge Dredd annuals on the chaise longue.

SBT

Proof!

SBT

Buttonman

He's got that page bent back a bit firmly there and he's not wearing gloves - and is that a water pistol? Oh dear...

TordelBack

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 September, 2012, 12:36:12 PM

Is that the Costa del Blood / vampires in Coney Island one?  Glorious Ezquerra colours burning off the page.

SuperSurfer

I can't look at that Bolland cover without thinking of when one of my A level art 'teachers' was trying to use it to explain (in her small mind) why Bolland can't draw. She tried to do the same with Ezquerra art as well, the moron.

COMMANDO FORCES

One of the official DREDD3D trailers is heading towards the 'Cellar'.

I love ebay :D