Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 February, 2024, 11:27:14 AM
Rebellion Presents The José Muñoz Collection
- Paperback, 128 pages, 21st November 2024

Rebellion presents three action-packed stories from the legendary Lion comic, all featuring the work master of chiaroscuro-style black-and-white art - José Antonio Muñoz.

In 1973, Muñoz worked on three short-lived strips in Lion. A Stitch in Time follows the adventures of a young boy named Stitch Cotton and his alien friend, Varl, after they steal a time machine from the sinister space-master, Mr. Universe. Lost in Limbo Land (written by 2000 AD regular, Chris Lowder), follows Barry Smith - a studious bookworm who is struck by lightning and flung into a world of Norse myth and legend. The final strip, Sark the Sleeper, sees a starship commander accidently woken from hypersleep by two boys who are completely unaware that they passengers flying through deep space in search of a new home.

Frank Pepper had a lengthy career writing for British comics. From the 1930s onwards he wrote for a wide variety of story papers including The Champion, Knockout, and The Comet. He is best known as the creator of Roy of the Rovers for Tiger and Captain Condor for Lion. Other well-known strips he worked on include The Spellbinder and Dan Dare. He died in 1988.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Monarch

may solicits!

REBELLION / 2000AD
MAR241873
(W) Gordon Rennie, Dan Abnett, Mike Carroll, Rob Williams (A) I.N.J. Culbard, Jake Lynch, Tazio Bettin, Rob Williams (CA) Dylan Teague (A / CA) Patrick Goddard
Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Armies clash in Aquila: The Rivers of Hades by Gordon Rennie & Patrick Goddard; Bridget is drawn into another suspected sect killing in Brink: Consumed by Dan Abnett & INJ Culbard; the galaxy is hunting for Proteus Vex in "Devious" by Mike Carroll & Jake Lynch; and fan-favourite series Azimuth returns in "The Fabled Basilisk" by Dan Abnett & Tazio Bettin. Plus Judge Dredd fights a battle of survival in the wild in "Rend & Tear With Tooth & Claw" by Rob Williams and RM Guera!

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #468 (MR)

REBELLION / 2000AD
MAR241874
(W) Alex Kot, T.C. Eglington, Alec Worley, Laura Bailey, Liam Johnson (A) P. J. Holden, Boo Cook, Ben Willsher, Rob Richardson, Warren Pleece (CA) Mike Dowling
More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Two new stories start: Devlin Waugh takes a break, but horror is never far away in "Two Months Off" by Ales Kot & PJ Holden; and the mutated Goya seeks a sanctuary in Death Cap: Frontier Justice by TC Eglington & Boo Cook. Elsewhere, Judge Dredd investigates a pop star in "Hard Copy" by Alec Worley & Ben Willsher, DeMarco, P.I.: No Smoke by Laura Bailey & Rob Richardson comes to an end, and Brit-Cit detective Armitage is faced with his strangest case yet in "Bullets For an Old Man" by Liam Johnson & Warren Pleece. Plus interviews, features and much more!
In Shops: Jun 19, 2024

MONSTER FUN SINISTER SCIENCE 2024

REBELLION / 2000AD
MAR241875
(W) Stacey Whittle, Alec Worley, Chris Garbutt, John Lucas, Cat Sullivan, Dave Bulmer, Derek Fridolfs, Steve Roberts, Henry Flint, Ned Hartley, Ramzee (A) Brett Parson, Karl Dixon, Chris Garbutt, John Lucas, Cat Sullivan, Rebecca Morse, Steve Roberts, Henry Flint, Dan Boultwood, Claude Tc (A / CA) Abigail Bulmer
Mirthful May is here and so is the Monster Fun Sinister Science issue! Prepare for your mind to be blown as our roster of not-so-bright, beastly beings expriment with things best left to the experts! Gums, Kid Kong, Hell's Angel, Witch Vs. Warlock, Martha's Monster Make-Up and Space Invaded! bring the winning, comedic formula, while Rex Power provides some explosive action! Adventure is also the order of the day in Peaches' Creatures, which reaches its dramatic conclusion. And finally, we take you on a visit to the Forest of Fear! Enter if you dare!
In Shops: Jun 05, 2024

ESSENTIAL JUDGE ANDERSON TP SATAN

REBELLION / 2000AD
MAR241876
(W) Alan Grant (A / CA) Arthur Ranson
In Mega-City One, citizens live in fear under the iron fist of the Judges' unyielding rule, but PSI Judge Cassandra Anderson knows it's a flawed system. In this volume, showcasing the stunning work of Arthur Ranson (Button Man, Mazeworld) alongside the rich storytelling of Alan Grant (Judge Dredd, Batman), Anderson grapples with matters of faith and damnation. A chance at eternal life comes at the cost of losing her mind forever, and her pursuit of a just system leads her to investigate a religious cult, and ultimately to engage in a battle of the minds with the most formidable of foes: Satan himself!
In Shops: May 08, 2024

IRON FIST WAR PICTURE LIBRARY HC PX EXC

REBELLION / 2000AD
MAR241877
(W) V.A.L. Holding (A / CA) Hugo Pratt
The title story of this collection, The Iron Fist, focuses on the lives of the crew manning the Goliath and the battles they fight, ranging from El Alamein to the D-Day landings – the tank crew rely on each other to get through the hellish situations. Also included in this collection are The Big Arena featuring Australian soldiers fighting in Egypt, and Strongpoint featuring sappers in Italy. Each of the three stories in this compilation is stunningly drawn by the Italian comics maestro Hugo Pratt just a few years before he created Corto Maltese.

ROBOT ARCHIE AND THE TIME MACHINE TP

REBELLION / 2000AD
MAR241878
(W) E. George Cowan (A) Ted Kearon (A / CA) Mike Western
Originally built by Professor C.R. Ritchie, the mechanical being known as Robot Archie was employed to battle injustices around the world, particularly in the jungles of Africa and South America. The automated action hero has worked with the Professor to create "The Castle," a fully-functioning time machine! Together with the Professor's nephew, Ted Ritchie and his best friend Ken Dale, Archie is ready to embark on a journey through time that will bring him into conflicts with medieval knights and a terrifying, dystopian future where aliens have conquered the Earth!
In Shops: Jul 03, 2024

IndigoPrime

That 2000 AD line-up looks really good. Not sure I needed more Death Cap over in the Meg, but the rest of that looks solid too.

broodblik

The Spider's Syndicate Of Crime Vs. The Crime Genie Hardback Webshop Exclusive:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

WOW! Well that is quite something!

Barrington Boots

The Crime Genie is such an awesome name.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in June:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Judge Dredd faces absolute horror in the finale to "Iron Teeth" by Ken Niemand & Nick Percival; Bridget learns more about the serial killer in Brink: "Consumed" by Dan Abnett & INJ Culbard; Midnight Indicating Shame is gathering an army in Proteus Vex: "Devious" by Mike Carroll & Jake Lynch; and a new Rogue Trooper series starts in the bumper 48pp Prog 2386, "Souther Belle," by Geoffrey D. Wessel & Dan Cornwell!

broodblik

Coming to the meg in June (469):

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The lawman is locked into one of his strangest situations in "Body Shots" by Ian Edginton & D'Israeli; Devlin Waugh's getaway takes a sinister turn in "Two Months Off" by Ales Kot & PJ Holden; the mutated Goya tries to escape a hostile Cursed Earth in Death Cap: Frontier Justice by TC Eglington & Boo Cook; Brit-Cit detective Armitage faces a race against time in "Bullets For an Old Man" by Liam Johnson & Warren Pleece; and the latest craze brings chaos to the streets in Mega-City 2099: "The Nu Yoo" by Ken Niemand & Tom Foster. Plus interviews, features and much more!

The Monarch

yeah i think that kinda confirms the regened project is pretty much done now

broodblik

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 March, 2024, 09:40:58 PMyeah i think that kinda confirms the regened project is pretty much done now

Yip but also looks like these bumper progs will focus on Rogue Trooper

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 22 March, 2024, 06:52:21 PM

With his overly-long neck and funnt teeth, Rogue looks more like an otter or Rufus the naked molerat.  And what's going on with his left shoulder?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Barrington Boots

That Rogue announcement is deeply underwhelming - Geoffrey D. Wessel's Rogue in the Christmas Prog wasn't a good one.
Alec Worley on Hawk sounds potentially great however!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Cover for The Sarge Volume 2 Webshop Exclusive:

norton canes

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 March, 2024, 10:00:46 AMWith his overly-long neck and funnt teeth, Rogue looks more like an otter or Rufus the naked molerat.  And what's going on with his left shoulder?

In Cornwell we trust.

So this Hawk thing is Hawk the Slayer, yeah? I know Garth Ennis wrote a limited edition series but it seems like a strange thing to go into the prog.