Main Menu

Where for art thou Gronk...?

Started by Dark Jimbo, 25 April, 2006, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Anyone know what happened to the Gronk of Stronty dog fame? Did he die somehow, or just stop adventuring with Wulf and Johnny?
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

From memory...

In the story Outlaw, we see that the Gronk has set up shop on the Doghouse as a medics.. The last we see of him is when he frees Alpha from the clutches of Kreelman, and Alpha tells him to stay put.. presumably, he's still there

Bico

I thoght he went off and became a hardass?

Leigh S

Well, the "extended" story would have you believe that the Doghouse crashed, and two years later, the gronk emerged from the wreckage...

hmmm....

petemaskreplica

Well, the main reason the Gronk isn't there anymore is that Wagner doesn't like him. So I suppose the revisionist explanation for his absence is that there's no such thing.

Dudley

The Gronk managed to get to an escape pod, which unfortunately didn't manage to clear the Doghouse before it crashed.

The impact stunned the Gronk and sent him into a coma.  His species has the ability to hibernate for years at a time.  

When he woke up, he managed to push his way out from under the wreckage, where he ran into other mutant survivors.  Learning of the death of John Alpha and every other human friend he had ever had, the Gronk's heart finally siezed up and he fell down, virtually dead.  

But in the very toughest of the Gronk species (and make no mistake, the Gronk was a hardass compared to his pansy-ass Gronk friends), a catastrophic shock has the ability to awaken a long-dormant part of the brain.  The aggressive part.

The Gronk subsequently teamed up with Feral Jackson, faced down an evil Terminator, helped Feral escape from Hell, and...

God, forget it.  Too painful.  Someone else can finish this off.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Ah... so basically, I should pretend that he just became a medic on the Doghouse, and ignore the fact that anything came after this?
@jamesfeistdraws

scutfink

You could ignore that anything ever came of that, but that would mean ignoring one of the finest death scenes in comics ever.

Your choice really...

Leigh S

Well, arguably, you could accept the death of Alpha, and not Garth's grumpy Gronk...

Though I'm happy to reject both! ;)

TheReV667 v2.1

Anyone link me up to that patten to make your own Gronk from the late 70's? I remember it floating about but since my PC crashed I've lost loadsa stuff.

Devons Daddy

all gronks look excatly the same.
only able to be distingiushed by other gronks.

wulf wears the skin of the first gronk they encountered. the highest honour, and as such any gronk will help wulf and his friends,as it is taken that wulf at some time has saved the life or lives of other gronks.

we do need to see a gronk return thats true,but for truly brillant idea of what a  gronk truly is ,listen to the big finish CDs of SD, they nail the gronk character voice,and personality 100%.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

BMB

I remember feeling Gronks anger towards the lysians? (forgot their name) after he is forced to blow Johnny away. Hows that!? Bring him back for a few panels then kill him again! Arrgh! Was that story the last appearance of the Gronk, I cant remember any after?
I remember Feral was in some 2 part story with the walking lady or something where he was mutating again, then never seen again, bummer, I quite liked him as a character.

Oh- I just remembered, I think the LAST sighting of gronk was 'How the Gronk got his heartses' in the late 800's early 900's somewhere.

Funt Solo

This site's database says:

Strontium Dogs
High Moon 8 episodes (Progs 940 to 947) 48 pages
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bad Andy

http://www.2000adonline.com/functions/cover.php?Comic=2000ad&choice=947">