Main Menu

...but I just don't GET it...

Started by Bico, 20 August, 2004, 01:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I don't get dance music. Why does it always start with someone hitting a cymbal?

I don't get teens who think that the song "their" teeny-bob band is covering was written by them (I have spat blood at cousins who swear that "Tragedy" was written by fkn Steps!)

I don't get Emerdale.

I don't get Sky Sports News.

I don't get cricket.

I really don't get cricket scores.

I don't get out much.
Lock up your spoons!

Quirkafleeg

>I don't get cricket.

Are you French?

Bico

Grant Goggans

Now, now.  Americans don't get cricket either.

Here are some things I don't get:

Porcelain bald eagles, Elvis, Dale Earnhart, Why the devil Lorelai from Gilmore Girls was wasting her time with Jason, Styx, Sonny's Barbecue, its sauce, its sides and its popularity, baseball, even accepting that people like baseball, why anybody supports either the Mets or the Yankees, any professional sports team from Florida generally, but Tampa Bay in particular, Usher, Nelly, Ludacris, etc, the geography of southeastern Europe, "Sailor Chibi Moon," Kawaii-glomp-bishie, ja ne?, the right's inability to shut up about Hillary Clinton for more than two minutes, live-action RPGs, U2, little league anything, Maroon 5, The Matrix, Harry Potter, Terry Pratchett, that Brodsky Quartet thing Elvis Costello did, Hunter S. Thompson, Paul Weller from 1984-92, Ayn Rand, Sting, Jimmy Buffett, Ren Fests. Huzzah!, Red Lobster, anything Mel Brooks has done in the last twenty-five years, anything Peter Greenaway has done, ever, Noam Chomsky, My Little Pony, Everquest, Ben Dunn, the Atkins diet, smoking, Damon Albarn, Sigur Ros, Eminem, American Idol and anything James Burke says after about the sixth minute of any episode of Connections.

--Grant

Bico

'Some' things?  Do you just hate life itself?  It certainly seems that way...

titch

The Beatles. (Know thats against the law)
Cricket.
Really long description in a novel!!! ( I know what a tree looks like you dont have to tell me in detail!!!)
The Matrix ( still waiting for Neo to say 'excellent'!)
Keane, they sound like Travis and Coldplay
C.S.I, 24, Buffy, Angel, The sopranos etc...
Soap opera.
Bo' selector.
Thongs, they un-comfy and un-hygenic icky!
and many many more...

Bico

Why blokes like to sodomise women.

Hate to break it to you, lads, but what you want is a MAN, and you're a bit gay.  Accept it and move on, eh?

Johnny-Nemo68

I don't get why women like The Golden Girls. What the fuck was all that about???
And the big one I really have trouble with RELIGION whats there to believe in? No evidence at all apart from an old book. Religion is just a way of controlling the masses by fear.when I was a kid at school they used to say "If God sees you doing that you will go to Hell and burn for ever"
Yeah right. Kiss my scrote...
Bit of a rant there time for a drink to calm my nerves

The Enigmatic Dr X

Scottish.

But, come on, cricket - it's basically rounders played by twee twats with a scoring system that seems too akin to bingo numbers to be coincidence. It isn't a real sport and it isn't fun - it's blokes in jumpers, for feck's sake.

I can't help but feel it's the sport your soft pal's dad would want you to play cos football was too rough.
Lock up your spoons!

Mike Carroll

> As to the "no caffeine" thing, I have to tell you that you're stark staring mad. What kind of a life is that for anyone?

Heh! Giving up caffeine was absolutely bloody murder! Headaches and nausea for about three weeks. It's been fifteen years now and I still occasionally get mad cravings for a cup of tea or a can of coke.

I chose to give it up because I was suffering from pretty severe insomnia; I'd be lying awake at four in the morning, quietly panicking about not being able to get to sleep, so I'd get up and have a nice cup of tea to calm myself down...

- Mike

dunkah

i don't get why people wank so much over Henry Flint.

He's alright but nothing special.

Dudley

I think - I hope - that only the people who've picked up Flint's erotic comic have actually wanked over him.  Unless you know something of his visits to secret nightclubs with names like "The Dungeon" that none of the rest of us do?