Main Menu

whats the best comic adaptaion of a film you have read?

Started by Tweak72, 23 August, 2004, 07:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Have to agree with Tweak72: the Alien adaptation is truly excellent!

When it was released over here in Ireland it was packaged with two similar-sized books - The Making of Close Encounters and Star Trek: Spaceflight Chronology - all wrapped up in plastic and with an "Adults Only" sticker on it! I was sixteen at the time (and looked it), and had to practically beg the guy in the shop to let me buy it!

Bart Oliver

Mike Mignola adaptation of the Coppola 'Bram Stoker's Dracula'.

http://www.ultrazine.org/ultraparole/mignola/dracula.jpg>

B.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bart Oliver

I forgot to add that it's a must-buy if found at carboot, on Ebay etc.

Buenas Noches,

B.

Woolly

I used to have the Robocop 2 adaptation, and thought that was okay.

Better than the film, anyway!

Bart Oliver

Hi Wolly, do you still need my postal for that Slaine GN?

Catch me here- I'll send details reply post.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=input&page=profiles&choice=OLIVERR" target="_blank">Contact e-mail on profile page..

Woolly

ARRISARRIS

...the american comic strip adaptation of the first Doctor Who movie starring Peter Cushing, was reprinted in the early 90's by Dr Who Classic Comics series, fantastic 60's style stuff...

dunkah

Sam Raimi and John Bolton's adaptation of Army Of Darkness

Hail to the King, Baby

Art

JamieB

I cannot recommend Frank Miller/Walt Simonson's ROBOCOP VS TERMINATOR series highly enough. So! Freaking! Cool!

J-Bo-1

Dudley

I actually thought David Bishop & Steve Yeowell's adaptation of A Life Less Ordinary was very good, with two caveats:
1) The film itself unfortunately sucked arse
2) It had no place in 2000AD.

Bolt-01

Oh, I enjoyed the film too, but you're right that it had nowt to do with the tooth!

bolt-01

johnnystress

haha- i have this( The Dracula one)- looks great, and was only 50p or something in a bargain bin, well worth it