Main Menu

Downlode Tales - Question

Started by Magnetica, 08 April, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

I have just been reading the Downlode Tales floppies. They are great, but can anyone remember why these stories were billed as Downlode Tales and not Sinister Dexter? Sure there are a few that don't feature the duo but once it gets into the swing of things with the plot to track down Demi's killer they are central to it.

Also the last one in the 3rd floppy, The Off-Lode Experience isn't even set in Downlode.

The Adventurer

Pretty sure it was due to the fallout of Eurocrash and Sin-Dex breaking up.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Magnetica on 08 April, 2014, 10:36:57 PM
I have just been reading the Downlode Tales floppies. They are great, but can anyone remember why these stories were billed as Downlode Tales and not Sinister Dexter?

I suppose it was to signal a major change in the status quo of the strip.

Also the last one in the 3rd floppy, The Off-Lode Experience isn't even set in Downlode.

I think that's a tacit admissal that the S/D TPBs are defunct, as it should have been due to appear in the next one.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 April, 2014, 10:53:02 PM
I have just been reading the Downlode Tales floppies. They are great, but can anyone remember why these stories were billed as Downlode Tales and not Sinister Dexter?

I suppose it was to signal a major change in the status quo of the strip.

To be more literal, Downlode Tales took place after the boys had gone their separate ways: hence no more Sinister Dexter.

JayzusB.Christ

TB's right.  Though there were a few more one-off Downlode Tales prior to the boys' split, not featuring Sinister or Dexter at all.  Actually I'd like to see a few more of these; Downlode is an interesting place but Sin / Dex aren't always required.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Adventurer

Especially since they're not there right now.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK