Main Menu

Dredd Q&A, August 1995 Select

Started by norton canes, 18 December, 2023, 11:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

With BBC Four's Friday night Top of the Pops repeats having reached August 1995, I noticed this Dredd Q&A from that month's Select Magazine. Can't see a credit (unless it's in the indecipherable vertical writing down the left hand side of the page) - any idea who write it?

Colin YNWA

Oh that is brilliant. Of course they missed a trick with:

"Whats most valuable piece of advice you've been given."

The answer should of course be

"Wear boots a size too small."

But aside from that very well done. i wonder who provided the answers? I'm guessing someone in editorial at the time.

davidbishop

At a guess, John Tomlinson wrote this. It's got his wry sense of humour.

norton canes

Thanks! For me, the best bit is the response to the roots reggae revival question. I don't remember it being a thing in 1995 but Dredd's answer suggests he has a surprising affection for this niche sub-genre.

2000BC

The Nirvana Nevermind album cover rip-off/homage is brilliant!  Any idea who the artist is?

Le Fink

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: 2000BC on 18 December, 2023, 05:39:26 PMThe Nirvana Nevermind album cover rip-off/homage is brilliant!  Any idea who the artist is?

It looks like it has a definite air of Jason Brashill about it, to me.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Woolly

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 December, 2023, 05:56:38 PM
Quote from: 2000BC on 18 December, 2023, 05:39:26 PMThe Nirvana Nevermind album cover rip-off/homage is brilliant!  Any idea who the artist is?

It looks like it has a definite air of Jason Brashill about it, to me.

Yeah, that's definitely a Brashill Dredd.

davidbishop

2000BC

pauljholden

Quote from: norton canes on 18 December, 2023, 02:29:21 PMThanks! For me, the best bit is the response to the roots reggae revival question. I don't remember it being a thing in 1995 but Dredd's answer suggests he has a surprising affection for this niche sub-genre.

Possibly asked because of this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dread