Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

I've been giving the mighty Tull a good spin recently- Heavy Horses, what a fantastic album! 
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

CrazyFoxMachine

I saw them play the title track from that live once upon a time and it was magic.

GrinningChimera

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door

Probably my most neglected Led Zep album. Not because there is anything wrong with it but because there are no stand out tracks. Still a great album though. A nice driving album.

also

Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark

A classic. So many ace songs. Stand out tracks to me are Fear Of The Dark, Be Quick Or Be Dead and Afraid To Shoot Strangers. UP THE IRONS!

Devons Daddy

Little Joshua kaddison
With a few tracks by Damien rice!!
Life is good right now so I can handle his lyrics
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

GrinningChimera

SPEKTRMODULE 30 - Not Waking

A selection of ambient tunes compiled by the genius Warren Ellis. This is taken from his website "If you don't know what you're looking at: SPEKTRMODULE is a podcast of haunted, ambient and sleepy music I compile for my own amusement."

Free to listen to on his website http://www.warrenellis.com/

I, Cosh

Last weekend I was surprised to find that the last few EPs by Burial, normally lazily described as "urban" make the perfect soundtrack to an early morning train journey through a mist shrouded landscape of glacial lakes and picturesque villages on the way up into the Alps.

And here's my Festive Top Ten of 2013. It's really 11, but you're supposed to try and play 8 (quietly) & 9(loudly) simultaneously in separate browser windows to get the proper effect.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 January, 2014, 07:09:39 PM
you're supposed to try and play 8 (quietly) & 9 (loudly) simultaneously in separate browser windows to get the proper effect.

Is it okay that I'm watching 8 intently * while doing so?

* for the first time too

SuperSurfer

Saw a documentary over Xmas hols on British rock.

I looked up Mott the Hoople and am now hooked on 'All the young dudes'.

CrazyFoxMachine

Love a bit of Mott :D Get the whole album of Dudes you'll love it ;)

Frank

Warpaint's newie, because it reminds me of the illusory Adult Contemporary Rock genre - Cowboy Junkies, Mazzy Star, that kind of thing - that grown ups hipsters seemed to be into when I was a kid getting into music, and which always seemed to feature in the music segments of The Larry Sanders Show and Letterman.

I, Cosh

Quote from: sauchie on 23 January, 2014, 07:06:21 PM
Warpaint's newie, because it reminds me of the illusory Adult Contemporary Rock genre - Cowboy Junkies, Mazzy Star, that kind of thing - that grown ups hipsters seemed to be into when I was a kid
Hadn't made that connection but I see what you mean. The album's quite pleasant but I find I listen to the first few tracks then sort of zone out.

Really enjoying the new Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra record: some of Godspeed with kind of songs. This is a bit annoying as it means I've unfairly ignored them for years. On the other hand, it means I have years worth of material to check out.

Also, Neneh Cherry's new single.
We never really die.

ZenArcade

Jesus, I'm on a couple of days off on leave and this is my second or third post of the day so far(must have caught the bug).
I'm currently listening to a San Fernando punk duo (2 sisters aged 14 and 17) called Dog Party. Absolutely love them; they do a cracking cover of the Ramones tune: Questioningly on Utube.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

The Tetrapod Zoology Blog by the genius Darren Naish and John Conway. They just rectified my head canon that Avids are uniquel more Adapted to multi-ecological placements than Mammals during the paleogene, specifically during the Oligocine. Though large predatory birds where dominant during the  Eocene, they virtually died out by thee end of the aforementioned epoch.

Tjm86

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 05 January, 2014, 10:16:30 AM
I saw them play the title track from that live once upon a time and it was magic.

Amen ... saw them in Koln back in the nineties... One of the best gigs I've ever been to.  One of their tracks was being played on the radio the other day whilst the presenter was wurbling.  Wanted to scream at them to shut the f*** up and let us hear the music but then I realised I had made it to work so it wouldn't have mattered much anyway!

As an aside, going through a bit of Floyd phase at the moment.  Had a couple of iTunes vouchers for Christmas so trying some of the earlier stuff. 

Sideshow Bob

Just saw Tjm86' post and thought I would suggest the Floyds' most excellent collection on : Pink Floyd...The Delicate sound of Thunder.. :D
It's a compilation double album but is absolutely brilliant with nearly all the classics on it and a lot of it 'live'.....Just brilliant and Highly Recommended especially if you have iTunes vouchers to get 'rid off'.

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890