Main Menu

Cover me!

Started by Molch-R, 13 March, 2013, 04:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

It's been setting the newsstands ablaze with pulse-pounding covers for 36 years and now 2000 AD is teaming up with one of its biggest fans to bring you the Galaxy's Greatest Covers!

Pete Wells of 2000 AD Covers Uncovered and 2000ADonline.com are coming together to give you exclusive access to the process behind the covers of 2000 AD, from sketches to pencils to inks and finished art!

The blog will be featured every week on 2000 AD's official website, so that fans can see the work behind the Prog's latest covers.

Things kick off tomorrow at 11am (GMT) when the blog bids 'bon voyage' to Ian Edginton (Victorian Undead) and Steve Yeowell's (Zenith) mythical pirate epic The Red Seas! The series comes to a close this week in 2000 AD Prog 1823 with a double-length episode and a swashbuckling cover from Yeowell.

As well as a step-by-step look at Yeowell's cover, the blog gives a rundown of classic Captain Jack Dancer covers of yesteryear, by some of the biggest names in comics!

Long-standing 2000 AD fan Pete said: "I've read and loved 2000 AD for years and just set the blog up because it was always the covers that caught my eye every week. To be able to get the artists to reveal the process behind their amazing work has been a real labour of love. I'm really excited that I'm going to be working with 2000 AD to bring the behind-the-scenes sketches, pencils and inks to fans everywhere."

Matt Smith, editor of 2000 AD, said: "At 2000 AD our cover artists are some of the biggest names in comics and it's always been fascinating for me to see the step-by-step process they go through to craft such dynamic and outstanding images. Pete does a great job in talking to the artists and revealing the process from beginning to end."

Head over to http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/ to find out more!

Mabs

That sounds awesome. I've always been fascinated by the artistic process, and like you've said, the 2000ad covers are almost always eyecatching and intriguing. God knows the number of times i've had people ogling my copy after i've bought it, eyes wide open toward the cover of my prog lol!

You can count me in!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Dandontdare

I guess it was inevitible - Pete Wells has sold out to The Man!

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 March, 2013, 05:11:10 PM

The mystery surrounding the naming of Pete Wells Block is finally solved. This leaves a bitter taste in the mouth - in fact, if Pete had received his KTT, the block name and access to the nation's top artists in return for sucking Betelguesan cock, the taste could not have been any more bitter (and slightly salty, apparently).

I for one will no longer be reading Pete's excellent and informative block each week.

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done Pete, I can't wait to see your Droid name, GR3GG5

Pete Wells

Thanks fellas! I agree with Sauchie. I'm gonna boycot my own blog from now on.

stacey

me and the bairns are dead proud like :-D

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 March, 2013, 05:11:10 PM

Yeah no more entries when he savages the unappreciated work horse, nah stallions that produce our wonderful cover... oh hold on. No he'll spread the word of the man and knuckled down. Damn you Wells and the continued accolades bestowed upon your excellent blog... hold on... this isn't going Wells is it (ha see, see what I did there, see it was worth it... it was...)

Steve Green

DrJomster

Big news! Well done that Pete Wells!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Grant Goggans

Congratulations, Pete!

Proudhuff

Quote from: stacey on 13 March, 2013, 07:07:52 PM
me and the bairns are dead proud like :-D

aah, still can't wait to see the pics The Greggbot must have of Tharg to blag this gig!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Brilliant stuff, well done that Wells.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo