Main Menu

MISTY VOLUME 2 Review

Started by Bad City Blue, 26 October, 2017, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Mardroid

Nice. I quite enjoyed the Sentinels story in the recent Scream/Misty special, so I might get this at some point.

DrJomster

Just finished The Sentinels care of Misty Volume 2 and very enjoyable it was too! Good pacing, mystery as to what's going on and a real sense of rising stakes as they story continues. Lots to love basically.

The next special's coming out in a bit, plus I think Volume 3 from the original run. *taps at the pre-order button*

Volume 1 was excellent btw, so if you haven't tried it yet I heartily recommend.

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

DrJomster

Right, that's the End of the Line all done, just in time for Misty Vol 3 next week. Very enjoyable it was too! Such a different style to stories back then. All these poor children stuck in circumstances beyond their control! It does wrap up a bit abruptly, but apart from that is well worth a look. The Sentinels, which it comes with, is a really good read too. Very Seventies, both stories, but in a good way.

I've got this and Vol 1 in digital, but can't help thinking how lovely physical copies would look on the bookshelf.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

This one just got to the top of the 'To read' list and I've just finished The Sentinels and its a quite superb strip. Its absolutely chilling, the art is superb and brutal as all hell.

I mean really, really brutal.

Jan's dog Tiger and the rats was bad enough - but bloody hell that ending. How chuffin' dark was that. Astonishing stuff. Only shame is it was over too soon.

The second story has a lot to live up to!

Colin YNWA

End of the Line is solid entertainment and creepy fun, but in the end is rather overshadowed by The Sentinel's - its just not in the same league.