Main Menu

TIKASBILA!

Started by JimBob, 06 July, 2003, 12:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

We've been going through a dour time on here recently so in an attempt at gennuine cheeriness heres a list of things I know are shite but I love anyway.
Please feel free to add to the list of TIKASBILA (can't see that particular acronym catching on but hey...)

TIKASBILA

Doug Mcclure Movies (at the earths core, warlords of Atlantis, Land that time forgot).

Flash Gordon

Doctor Who

Mach 1 + Ant Wars

Fun Lovin' Criminals

Ian Rankin Books -no character development, repetitivie plotting,  shit TV adaption (John Hannah -God No.) still got them all? half in hardback? Damn Straight.

James Ellroy - as above but replace John Hannah with morally corrupting.

Please add to the archives of TIKASBLA!

Quirkafleeg

Rankin and Ellroy are physically addictive...

And Rankin does have character development! Sometimes Rebus is pissed, pissed off and with someone and somtimes he's pissed, pissed off and alone.

Flash Gorden is actually good. Nothing wrong with it. On no.

Blake's 7 (God, some of the last series is physically painfull)
Bad Manners (They are the best live band I've seen)
The Macerana, Mambo Number 5
Richard and Judy (though I'm starting to wilt)

Misanthrope

The new bmw mini.

The new volkswagen beetle.

The new star wars films.

Nash Bridges.

Old fasioned war movies.

John Wayne films.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Slippery PD

Heh Since I was so negative before...

Keanu Reeves - Ok so the guy cant act, but he actually manages to choose good movies (bill and ted, point break, matirx, my own private idaho, speed, etc), with a couple of exceptions (the watcher, much ado about nothing).  He is Keanu throughout every single one ofhis movies but he tries so hard.

ER - decent american TV show, that actually has progression in Plot and character throughout its series and its often rather daring.  See last episode of thsi series.

JAmes Bond Movies - None of the Bond are ever the same (connery - hard and smooth; moore - camp, funny, slightly ironic; brosnan - a cross between the others), there is no charachetr development, but they are big action movies that you can switch off brain and love.

USA - although there are a number of things about politicians and culture I hate, America and Americans are great.  You go there and they are the politest lovliest people youll meet.  Also they invent/enhance things I love (alternative sports, coca cola, cars, computers, etc)

Pick up Trucks - these make me smile like nobodies business.  I love my truck.

yer Slips

Noisybast

I thought this thread was going to be about a dancing purple dragon thing...

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/funandgames/tikkabillajive.html" target="_blank">Tikkabilla

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mikey

Rocks!Particularly sedimentary,but quite keen on a good fault breccia.

Pot Noodle.

Sin Dex

BB.

(I wish everyone would stop slagging Radiohead.)

Evanessence.

M.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JTurner

Avril Lavigne
Storming Heaven
Jay and Silent Bob strike back
Star Trek Enterprise
Burger King
Internet Forums

JimBob

More stuff i must add to this list of shame:

A couple of Carry on Films : Cleo , Screaming, the Phil Silvers one.

Coupling (BBC 2 shitcom, can;t help it) and the underated Joking Apart.

having an alien editor for tooth.

Bernard Cornwell books (see Rankin and Ellroy, but at least their almost respectable)

Quirkafleeg

Actually after just reading a Rebus and starting a Ellroy, I'd argue that within the confines of their genre they are damn good.

Some more

Trains (the're shite and expensive and unreliable but I still quite like travelling on them)
The Midlands
Chip shops
Nasty pubs that have not been decorated for years(as long as the beer's drinkable)
Forbidden Planets

Wils

Cheese and banana sandwiches
Russ Meyer films
Smirnoff Ice
Low budget horror films from the 80s
Fuzzbox
The Good Life
8-bit computer games
Scotch pies
Most of my CD collection

JimBob

Smirnoff Ice is almost the definition of a guilty pleasure. "Yea I know it's a sugary, embarrasingly non-macho girls drink, but I like it."

Transformers the Movie.
Gene (now we're entering the realms of throw stones at the monkey boy, but I did like the wannabe Smiths at the time).
trashy Nazi/occult books and documentiries.

satchmo

Godzilla films,especially the 1970s era.
Smallville.
Pez.
Dodgy post apocalyptic fiction,like The Survivalist by Jerry Ahern.
Jim Lee's Batman.
Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Every Amicus film ever made.
Graham Hancock and crackpot archaeology.
BBC News 24,they're so incompetent it makes me want to hug them :)

Slippery PD

To readdress some negative comments I made on "dont tell me its good"

Beach Boys - I love this band, sure some of their songs are throwaway pop, but wowee pet sounds is just superb and probably my favourite 60's album.  Hearing their voices all hitting a note perfectly in harmony is something to behold.

80's east coast american rock  - Seminal 80's bands.  Without them grunge would have been nothing.  Sonic Youth, The Pixies and Throwing Muses. Listen to any alternative rock  today and they influenced it.

Absolutely - Forward thinking scottish (and a little welsh) comedy series.  Bring it out on DVD!!!

Students - OK so they whine and moan about politics and think they can change the world.  But after 8 years in a multinational corporation, they make more sense than half the w@nkers I talk to.  Lets be honmest who would you rather have a drink with, a student or an accountant.  They are also good for taking the piss out of.

Iain Banks - And he writes science fiction too and he supports my next one.

Greenock Morton - My home football team.  Nearly gone out of business and they are crap (well actually they are getting much better and I expect a lot from them).  But in a sport where money is everything its nioce to have something that money has nothing to do with.  

Coke - as in coca cola.  Its such a vice of mine, fortunately I have developed a taste for diet.

Gym - Looking at women in lycra while watching tele and on top of it I get myself fit too.  Brilliant!!!

Yer Slips

Banners

I adore London's Burning - the TV series, that is, as opposed to the nursery rhyme.

M@

Roundy

Robot Wars
Any film with swords in it
Two Tone
Those bags of sherbert with the dipping lolly
butterkist popcorn
Daleks
Trying to Talk like Darth Vader
Being beaten up by xena, stuck in a headlock between her thighs........ I think I need a cold shower