Main Menu

Wot I did on my weekend by JB Maybe 27 1/2

Started by JimBob, 14 July, 2003, 02:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Well I've returned from a great weekend in London and despite usually hating the place I have to say when it's sunny it's lovely. I think I fell in love every 100 metres the amount of beautiful women in town (although bear in mind I'm from Pompey the South Coasts Moose capital). Saw Mama Mia in the end and thoroughtly enjoyed it.
 More on topic I went to the flagship Forbidden Planet for the first time and was distressed to find it was as shite as their regional stores.

Jim

Floyd-the-k

JimBob, I love London dearly but you`ve got to get to Tokyo.  Beautiful women-wise it blows London out of the water.  It`s better for shop staff who don`t act as if you`re attacking them by trying to spend your money in their store/restaurant too.
   To be fair London has it all over Tokyo for beautiful old buildings (Tokyo looks like a particularly ugly version of MC1 thanks to the American Airforce and horrible Japanese developers).
  Anyway, glad you had a good weekend.  Where is Pompey?

yours chirpily,

Floyd (surrounded by beautiful women)

Oddboy

Pompey = slang for Portsmouth

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/stag/04pompy.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

Pompey, home of the Tricorn centre, the most ugly object constructed out of concrete since the dawn of mankind...

Ah, I'll not get into Portsmouth bahsing again, I'll just say that it must have been nice for you to meet some women who weren't wereing shell-suits and didn't have their hair pulled back into the tightest, greasiest ponytails possible.

Oddboy

Pompey-bashing... ahh. To be sung to the tune of 'Que Sera Sera'

When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother "What should I Be?
Should I Be Pompey? Should I be Saints?"
And here's what she said to me....

"Go wash your mouth out son
And go get your father's gun
And shoot all the Pompey scum
And support the Saints"

Slippery PD

Pompey is awful but nowhere on earth is as bad as paisley.......  :)

Yer Slips

JimBob

Great picture oddboy! See I'm not exagerating about what a hole this city is.
 However i must take you up on your saints tunes, even though your Manager could easily pass for my dad I'm afraid this year the mighty Pompey will be Kings of the South, oh yes.

Jim

Aware his feelings for his home city are contradictory at times.

judge dreddd

hyde park is good in london, the rest...well...keep it...urgh..

Oddboy

Fortunately I don't *actually* care about football, but with my brother & brother-in-law both being mad Saints fans a vague type of hatred to Pompey has rubbed off on me...

The photo was taken from a ferry, just as we were leaving to sunnier climates...

Link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/stag/stag2.html" target="_blank">Sunnier climates.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/stag/22flowerdog.jpg">

Trout

"his feelings for his home city are contradictory at times"

Try being from Dundee, pal.
:-)

- Trout

JimBob

I'm originally form Helensburgh oh Mighty Trout so believe me Pompey is a leap upmarket.

Jim

Slippery PD

Which is still not as bad as Paisley......

Yer Slips

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah well try the north west coast, is completely bootiful scenery, but unless youre some rich fecker retiring from somewhere else you can't actually afford to live here. at least in those aforementioned hell holes theres a market in shell suit sales, i could do that, i could sell shell suits, i could work for the council & grow ugly flower quayside monstrosities, i could...

geez a joab