Main Menu

Psychoville

Started by SamuelAWilkinson, 18 June, 2009, 10:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Obvious choice is Henry Flint or, for an alternative take, Edmund Bagwell.

-pj

Peter Wolf

I have to admit though that the clown character is pretty good as everyone thinks that clowns are a bit creepy but i dont recall anyone making a character out of one before.The scene where he is at the kids party and it all goes wrong was good so i will give this more of my time and watch episode 2.

Its quite finely tuned humour as well.

No canned laughter is a definate plus.

Dawn French isnt too bad in this either.

Its good that these are still available to watch for free on the BBC Iplayer.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "peterwolf"I did laugh at the appearence of the fat kid with the pudding basin haircut and glasses though.If i saw someone like that was actually real i would laugh then as well.

:lol: Oh, Peter.
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"
Quote from: "peterwolf"I did laugh at the appearence of the fat kid with the pudding basin haircut and glasses though.If i saw someone like that was actually real i would laugh then as well.

:lol: Oh, Peter.

You can laugh but years and years ago when i lived in Hastings and for years after when i went back and visited there was always this weird looking guy shopping in Safeway in Hastings and before that in Sainsburys before it closed down.

*Everytime * i went in there at whatever time he was there .It was freaky.

He looked identical to the character in Psychoville except with added toffee colored wellies.

I think it was my mum who christened him Toffeeboots which stuck.

And yes i used to laugh at him.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JamesC

That was ace. I can't believe they managed the whole thing in one take.

I loved the really corny line 'the killer had a vendetta' - 'So...he likes ice cream'.

JamesC

Oh, and I know what you mean Peter. Everyone laughs at the local odd balls, especially when they're younger.

We had a guy in Great Yarmouth who used to fuck market stalls.

Banners

Just caught Episode 4 on the iPlayer. Some of the best TV I've ever seen - brilliantly theatrical and exquisitely executed. Bravo!

M@

Dark Jimbo

God, this just gets weirder!

Loved the serial killer sing-song.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

dude....didn't see THAT coming

Richmond Clements

Maureen is quickly becoming my favourite character. The characters particular use of words- describing serial killing as 'morish' for example, is just superb.
That and she's an utter grotesque, of course!

Brilliant series. I'll be sorry to see it end.

Oh, and the scenes last night with Joy giving Freddie a [spoiler]blood transfusion[/spoiler] were some of the most disturbing images I have ever seen.

mygrimmbrother

I liked how Dawn French milked the blood out of her arms  :o

Wils

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 24 July, 2009, 12:16:00 PM
Maureen is quickly becoming my favourite character. The characters particular use of words- describing serial killing as 'morish' for example, is just superb.
That and she's an utter grotesque, of course!

The uncanny facial similarity to Aggie McKenzie is also an added bonus.

House of Usher

That was a great episode! Nice to see it back on track after the rather flabby half hour last week with the uneven diversion via the waxworks museum musical number. The Dawn French segment was utterly chilling, and much more horror than comedy! The blood draining sequence might have been lifted wholesale from The Exorcist III. Anyone agree?

A corking finale ahead with all the protagonists converging very tidily on the same location. I already have a theory about who their shadowy stalker is! Read my mind and tell me if you're thinking what I'm thinking.
STRIKE !!!