Main Menu

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Started by Richmond Clements, 29 August, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Proteus4 on 08 May, 2015, 11:40:00 PMFinally saw it last night at the local cinema. It was like watching someone else play a computer game.
Mrs G and I finally caught it on iTunes. (Mini-G means we don't get to the flicks any more.) And, yeah, that sentence sums up far too much of the movie for me. The intro, in particular, was dismal. The special effects were far from special. Nothing had any weight. The colours and lighting were all off. It was exactly like a videogame, with no sense of reality, and all suspension of disbelief was eradicated.

After that point, it improved, although I on the whole thought it was pretty boring, too long, too convoluted, lacking humanity, and typically lacking in women. I don't regret watching it, but I think I'm getting bored of the Marvel stuff now, bar Guardians and SHIELD, both of which are messy but still quite fun.

Tiplodocus

Just caught this - missed it at cinema.

I find I need to be in exactly the right mood for these movies and I guess I wasn't for this as it all felt a bit flat.  I find it hard to put my finger on it;  the cast were quipped like there lives depended on it, the locales were vs red, the effects work was seamless but none of it got my heart pumping.

Ok but not great.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!