Main Menu

Game of Thrones season 4

Started by mogzilla, 01 April, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

starts next week!  :D  I was kind of glad [spoiler]robb bit it last year and kat was a bit of a misery[/spoiler] so I won't miss them much ...Jaime has a new  haircut and hand.  with the walking dead finishing I don't have too much of a gap in my telly watching!

<mod edit for spoilers>
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

mogzilla

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 01 April, 2014, 08:36:26 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 01 April, 2014, 08:03:41 PM
<mod edit for spoilers>
Wha....?

indeed I don't remember putting anything else in there unless my spoiler tag didn't take for some reason.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Richmond Clements

There was no spoiler tag - I added one.
Obviously a glitch in the matrix.

mogzilla

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 02 April, 2014, 10:28:24 AM
There was no spoiler tag - I added one.
Obviously a glitch in the matrix.

cheers rich..the only glitch I could see was Keanu reeves ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

Well, that was enjoyable and I feel like I'm in the mood for some chicken now :lol:

mogzilla

how the divil? its only on tonight!

CrazyFoxMachine

Very strong first episode. Think I spotted a Wire reference possibly maybe probably not.

I want a House McNulty sigil now!

CrazyFoxMachine

...it'd be a bottle of scotch crosswed with a frustratingly unsigned affadavit with the house motto

"The fuck did I do?"

radiator

What an astounding opening episode - and a heart-breaking first scene with [spoiler]Tywin basically dancing on the Stark's collective grave by melting down Ice and throwing the wolf pelt on the flames... though brilliantly counterbalanced by apparent green shoots emerging from the ashes with Arya's quest for vengeance, and Jon's role - whatever that ends up being (and though I haven't read any books after 3a, I have a theory).[/spoiler]

With Prince Oberyn it looks as if we have a new character to root for - I have heard he is a fan-favourite from the books, so looking forward to seeing his role play out, and frankly anyone pitched against the Lannisters is going to be one to get behind.

So glad that I stopped myself reading the books when I did - now I can concentrate on getting really invested in the drama of the show, rather than just getting distracted/annoyed by the various changes in scale and whatnot.

Only complaint would be that I'm never a fan of when the writers throw in contemporary references - or meta-textual nods to book readers (such as the Wire reference this week, and little things from previous seasons like Cersei's comment about Tyrion's scar). It throws me out of the show a little every time, but it's a minor niggle. Occasionally the writers give the characters lines that are a little on the nose (put not intended), but I suppose they have to make the show work for a very broad audience, and IMO they do it admirably.

Turns out that my temporary apartment here in the US has HBO, so for the first time I can watch GoT legally, and as it airs! Exciting times!

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: radiator on 07 April, 2014, 06:18:57 PM(such as the Wire reference this week, and little things from previous seasons like Cersei's comment about Tyrion's scar).

You DO think it was a reference then? It was fairly blatant. I'd like to put forward that the legendary Chicken scene saw the Hound snarl a Deadwood quote as well... but that'd be TOOO good.

Also they used the slightly offensive term [spoiler]"pillow biter"[/spoiler] this week which is a little on-the-nose not to mention a very 20th Century British tabloid idiom. Which slightly pisses on the medieval random setting - although someone correct me if Georgey boy used it in the book!

mogzilla

well that was rather good wasn't it? oberyn is going to be a watcher . I hope arya and her hound double act carry on for a while even though she's changed a bit from the lovable tomboy we knew.hound seems to have a new respect for her as he allowed her to keep the sword and pony!
   Brienne is one of my favourites and I hope they pair her with Jaime more now the spark has apparently gone from his previous relationship.

the only gripe I had was afterwards with thronecast ,they've changed the presenters but made the new one look like the old one ! and probably let slip a spoiler with the behind the scenes bit where (and I hope the tags work this time) [spoiler]tywin sitting on the throne with the odious king not to be seen and tyrion in chains.[/spoiler]

WoD

Thought a strong opening episode.

The change in Arya and Hound relationship likely as didn't she [spoiler]save his life in the fight by hitting the guy (she eventually killed) with a pot[/spoiler]

Lots of the look forward bits on Thornecast (didn't like the new format so much you know...but Sam's interview was good) were on the various season preview vids including one of those in your spoiler section...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I really enjoyed the introduction of Oberyn Martell. I reckon that magnificent bastard would be perfect as Nikolai Dante
You may quote me on that.

mogzilla

I did wonder why they didn't just change the actor who played danys merc but he looked totally different shorter dark hair beard etc I thought it was a new character for a sec.

dragons. seven shades of awesome!