Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Raymond Briggs, comic artist, 88.  Creator of Fungus the Bogeyman, When the Wind Blows but probably most famously, The Snowman.

Anthony Garnon

Devastating for British arts. A true master of the every day ordinary and the extraordinary.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Raymond Briggs did some politically charged stuff like When The Wind Blows and The Tin Pot Foreign General And The Old Iron Woman that allegorised the Falklands conflict. It was the Snowman that will live forever, a deceptively simple tale of the joy and loss of Christmas. Very sorry to hear of his passing.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dandontdare

As a teen I appreciated his whimsical* children's work, but When the Wind Blows had a huge impact on me.

Our very own Crazyfoxmachine adds his thoughts in the Grauniad https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/aug/10/raymond-briggs-remembered-he-made-what-he-did-look-easy-which-is-of-course-what-geniuses-do

*which on reflection was in no way whimsical - he freaking melts man!

IndigoPrime

Our wonderful dog, Sam the miniature schnauzer, aged 16¼.

Colin YNWA

Sorry to hear that Indigo Prime. A good age for a dog and hope and expect you all made the best of them. My condolances to you all.

broodblik

Man's best friend RIP. Always sad when the family dog goes to dog heaven.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Condolences IP. It's heartbreaking to lose a devoted friend.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

paddykafka

Ah spug, sorry to hear about that, IP.

The Legendary Shark

Heartfelt condolences, I.P.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richard

He looks lovely! Sorry for your loss.

nxylas

Just read that Anne Heche has died following a car accident (which apparently happened a little while ago, but this was the first I'd heard about it.)
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

sheridan

Quote from: nxylas on 12 August, 2022, 09:19:15 PM
Just read that Anne Heche has died following a car accident (which apparently happened a little while ago, but this was the first I'd heard about it.)

Yes, been on life support for about a week I think, after having driven a car in to a house.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 August, 2022, 01:25:38 PM
Our wonderful dog, Sam the miniature schnauzer, aged 16¼.

Aw, man, sorry to hear it. A ripe old age for a doggie, and I would imagine he had a happier life than most of us human types could dream of,  but still, never easy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IAMTHESYSTEM

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Sam. Wonderful photo of him contemplating the ocean.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla