Main Menu

‘Vote Dave’ tshirt please!

Started by shaolin_monkey, 31 August, 2019, 03:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

As per the mention in the Trump/Cal thread:

Is there any chance of a 'Vote Dave' mock-up political poster on a 2000AD tee please?

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 31 August, 2019, 02:57:40 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 31 August, 2019, 02:35:46 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 31 August, 2019, 01:00:56 PM
...  anyway, Dave was the second best Mayor MC1 ever had!

Not to  mention criminally neglected in the recent slew of election themed t-shirts put out by Rebellion.

Consider this the start of a petition: we demand a "Vote Dave" t-shirt!

I'm with you Comrade Tjm86! ✊

Colin YNWA

dweezil2

Ooooh yeah, I'd take one of them!  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

shaolin_monkey

Definitely! That's a pretty good hit rate so far - four forum members already interested!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Bolt-01

Proudhuff

Now Cameron's gone you can wear it with pride!
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

There is only one thing that has got me wondering about the sensibility of my original suggestion though:  Dave was killed by muggers (admittedly for a shoddy insurance payout but still, Jo Cox and all that ...)

shaolin_monkey

You know what, I thought something similar when I bought the T-shirt 'Democracy Isn't Working', which depicts that great cover by John Higgins and essentially has you looking down the barrel of a gun.  It made me think of the tensions between left and right, and the accusations of violence being slung too and fro.

But you can overthink these things sometimes. And it's a matter of judgement. I wore it to a party the other day where most of my friends were geeks like me, and who got it, but I doubt I'd wear it to an Extinction Rebellion event, know what I mean?

At any rate, I would suggest a T-shirt depicting one of my favourite orangutans running for Mayor could only be seen as amusing, fun, and positive by casual observers. It is only us 2000AD fans who know his fate, and might make the link between Dave and Jo Coz - and even then it would be tenuous I think.

TL:DR?

Don't overthink it - let's get a T-shirt celebrating our second favourite mayor of MC1!

TordelBack

Aye, admirable sensitivity, but an orangutan being killed by his owner as an insurance scam, however bleak, is a long way from the hate-fueled assassination of an MP.

Sign me up for a t-shirt too.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 September, 2019, 08:14:47 AM
Aye, admirable sensitivity, but an orangutan being killed by his owner as an insurance scam, however bleak, is a long way from the hate-fueled assassination of an MP.

Sign me up for a t-shirt too.

I hate to quibble, but wasn't the assassination organised by Mo, their friendly neighbourhood barman?

Anyway, Dave tee pretty please!!!

TordelBack

You are absolutely correct - it was Billy who had the life insurance, made out to Mo. I had it all mixed up, I'm no smart ape like Dave.

Tjm86

... fair point.

COME ON REBELLION!!!!!!!

WE WANT OUR DAVE SHIRT!!!!!!!

Proudhuff

Is it too early to ask for the Board Mayor's return?
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

...Well that was fast!  :lol:

Eyes peeled for the Thrill-mail, peeps...
@jamesfeistdraws