Main Menu

There's never been a *better time to release a second 'subscription only' weekly

Started by matty_ae, 11 April, 2020, 10:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Rately

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 April, 2020, 02:29:54 PM
Yeah, tis a beautiful book and deserves the chance to shine.

It really is. Lovely format, and gorgeous design and colour.

When they reschedule it, I might just start going back to my local Comic Shop and subscribe to a few, select titles and graphic novels to give something back to them.

I'm sure Comixology / Amazon are making an absolute killing at the moment. 

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Rately on 14 April, 2020, 08:49:25 AM

On so many fronts. Where I can I've been going direct to publishers or other suppliers to spread the love... well cold hard cash... a little.

Rately

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 April, 2020, 09:23:03 AM
Quote from: Rately on 14 April, 2020, 08:49:25 AM

On so many fronts. Where I can I've been going direct to publishers or other suppliers to spread the love... well cold hard cash... a little.

Been at least a good ten years since I had a pull list. I do miss it, but other concerns and things became bigger priorities than the weekly comic book collection.

Since the Kindle arrived, and the Ipad, I've been mostly digital except for the Mega Collection and Ultimate Collection, and a few odds and ends like the Hardback Summer Magic. I've also purchased a few lovely books through Kickstarter, and love the interaction and the thought that I'm helping support the wonderful, creative people in this bloody lovely community.

I'm going to try and cut down on the Digital, and, where and when money is available, purchase physical editions.

Mind you, don't tell my wife, because I take up enough bloody room in the loft with all my comics and toys.