Main Menu

The new IDW Dredd series: False Witness would make a good floppy with the Meg

Started by matty_ae, 13 May, 2020, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

if IDW have any distribution, I do think this latest IDW series is starting to get close to UK Dredd standards especially the art by Kei Zama which is great

Obviously IDW are covering the origination costs so could part of your deal with them allow you to reprint (or straight out include) it as a floppy each month?

matty_ae

Magnetica

Not sure what the business model would be here.

IDW could sell it to us for 3 or 4 pounds a pop or whatever the price is. Or they could arrange to give it to us in a way that generates no additional revenue. They would presumably expect to get paid, so Rebellion would have to pay them for it, to fill a slot they usually use with material they already own. Given they have spent lot of maoneybacquiring the Treasury of British comics stuff, I assume they have plenty of stuff to fill floppies with.

matty_ae

IDW presumably pay Rebellion to license Dredd to predominantly sell it in USA comic shops

As part of the deal Rebellion could reserve the right to reprint it in the UK* say 6 months later

I don't think the current floppies from the UK archive sit that well in a Mega City/2000AD publication.
They feel like your Dad making you watching a B&W episode of the Likely Lads because you enjoyed the Inbetweeners.

* I know some Megs make it to the USA but can't believe its huge