Main Menu

Encyclopedia Errata

Started by Funt Solo, 15 May, 2021, 12:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

The Megazine's 2000 AD Encyclopedia probably has a few mistakes. Figured I'd jot them down here when I notice them.

- The first Banzai Battalion story runs from 1135-1137
- For Oola, Blint, the notable appearances section has skipped Christmas With The Blints from Xmas-prog 2005.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Inferno, supplemental information:

- Whatever Happened to Giant is Meg 216, reprinted in the M388 supplement. [Current printing has 214, 288.]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Joe Black Adventure, A: his first story is Trail and Error. Barney has this wrong as well. (There's an irony here.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Logan, Judge lists Harvey as a notable appearance, but I don't see Logan in Harvey. (Unless he's inside the mech - hurr hurr.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Lord Weird Slough Feg, The - it's just Time Killer. No "The".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Maybe, P.J., notable appearances: it's "Wot I Did During Necroplis" (sic).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Mean Machine

- "A Merry Tale of the Christmas Angel".
- "Mean Machine: Son of Mean". (The title "Son of Mean Machine" was only used in the one-off by Chris Halls in the 1995 JD Yearbook.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Meg 434's supplement - the section on "Rico, Judge" has an image of Rico Dredd (who is in Meg 427's supplement under "Dredd, Rico"). So this should be an image of Judge Rico, instead, I assume.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Shenker, Judge lists Anderson Psi Division: Half-Life as a notable appearance, but Shenker doesn't appear in that story. The Judge working with Shakta is Judge Pole.

And he's also not in Judge Dredd: Total War. The bald Judge helping Hershey here is Lomas.

Nor is he in Anderson Psi Division: Undertow. (Almost everyone else you've ever met in Psi Division is here - just not Shenker.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

I hope someone's taking notice of this thread.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

I imagine myself shouting corrections into a rusty bucket, standing at the bottom of a muddy ditch on a lonely road. A young family cycles hurriedly past, wondering if they should call someone.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Strange & Darke - this might think about including Strange's first appearance alongside Devlin Waugh in Meg 227's Vile Bodies.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

"Tharg's Future Shorts" should just be "Future Shorts" - it's never had "Tharg's" in the title.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

The Encyclopedia still feels like it is almost in a first draft rather than ready to be published. The inherit problem with an Encyclopedia for comics is at the day of publication it is already out of sync.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.