Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Defoe vs. Bradley Round 2 Heat 67

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 March, 2022, 06:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

CalHab

Barrington Boots

Excellent point about the polemic in Defoe being a lot more in character than in Pat's other latter day stuff. Perhaps that's why it seemed less jarring.
It really is great stuff, overflowing with ideas and characters and really atmospheric. I'm getting a big rush of enthusiasm just thinking about it now.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Southstreeter

Never liked Bradley, so it's Defoe mainly for the earlier stories.

Colin YNWA

The joy of these votes, regardless of how one-sided they seem is emphasised by the fact even Bradley gets votes. Folks might see some ties as pointless through there lens but 2000ad fandom is so diverse there is always (well almost) another perspective and this lobsides ties give those other perspective a chance to have their say... oh but Defoe will storm this when I count up tomorrow morning!

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 March, 2022, 09:26:10 AM
Easily Defoe. Lost it's way at the end (losing Leigh Gallagher didn't help) but genuinely loved it at the start.

Despite Simon Harrison, I will vote for Defoe here too.

I'm the opposite to yourself Barrington, it took a long time for Defoe to grow on me, and by the time I was actively enjoying it (in no small part due to some mind bending visuals from Stewart Kenneth Moore) Mills had departed.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

One fo the most clear cut results we've had for a while. Is that a rallying cry for Defoe, or a protest vote against Bradley. As ever with these thing probably a little of both.

Defoe

will be having none of those childish tales in Round 3.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 March, 2022, 11:24:59 AM
I'm the opposite to yourself Barrington, it took a long time for Defoe to grow on me, and by the time I was actively enjoying it (in no small part due to some mind bending visuals from Stewart Kenneth Moore) Mills had departed.

That's interesting - this is one of the things I like about the Prog and this forum, it's cool when there's (polite) differences of opinion.
I did get the feeling Defoe was looking to evolve from an ensemble cast vs zombies into something quite different and it coud have been interesting to see where it went.
You're a dark horse, Boots.