Main Menu

Meg 457 - New Jack City

Started by Colin YNWA, 24 June, 2023, 06:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

I'm loving this new format, I only sometime read the floppies, but with this new format I'm reading to cover to cover. The reprints are enjoyable, I haven't read the Johnny Red before, so that's great. Smith really has a great handle on Dreddworld, so the Anderson is a good read, even though I have read it before, Critchlow is missed whereever he is.

The OEJ/Dredd is an enjoyable tale, I'm a fan of the character and seeing the new connections being made between old Fleetway characters and 2000 AD may be a bit fan servicing, but I love it!

Dreadnoughts is the best, but it does suffer a bit being monthly, I'd love to see it more often. Lawless however suits the monthly schedule just fine, great stuff.
Spektor is fine as a curio, JW is my favourite writer, but sometimes the humour doesn't land. And this, I think, is one of those times.
Death and his buddies, not a particular fan, great art though, and it is building to an interesting finale.

All in all a very good Meg.

Funt Solo

Quote from: broodblik on 26 June, 2023, 12:00:13 PMDredd – This was a great Dredd story and I like everything about it. I also would not mind a more 70s type of spin-off for One-eyed Jack and Fargo. I really like Kieran's art hopefully we can see more of him.

I wanted to echo your sentiment. I applauded at this:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++