Main Menu

Is this It For Ghostbusters Two....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 February, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

....  :D

It just seems though that they now have a ready made bag of excuses.  "The nerds put everyone off, they spent so much time slagging off the film ..."

Personally I'm a little nervous because of the type of films / 'comedy' that those involved normally do.  I just don't find it funny.

von Boom

IAMTHESYSTEM

I read online there were re shoots done and in a little over a month we'll know whether it made that much difference. There have been two trailers promoting the film so far and I assume a third will appear closer to the release date [ July the 4th probably]. Then Sony and everyone else will discover whether it's multi million dollar investment is Deadpool or Fantastic 4. I don't think it will be as bad as the haters predict but it's not going to be a 'must see' event either though it should appeal to the family market giving the film a boost despite the negative reaction so far.

I remember people thought Paul Verhoevens 'Showgirls' was the most awful trash ever but it became a camp classic that apparently made it's money back on video [ as digital was called then younger readers.] Maybe like Dredd this version of Ghostbusters will crumble at the Box Office but like a spirit, rise to live again on DVD and download.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

James Dilworth

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 04 June, 2016, 01:51:06 PMMaybe like Dredd this version of Ghostbusters will crumble at the Box Office but like a spirit, rise to live again on DVD and download.

Nah.  It'll make $450 million worldwide and be forgotten about by the middle of August.

Also, Showgirls passes the Bechdel test with flying colours.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: James Dilworth on 06 June, 2016, 11:03:45 AM

So does Neighbours 2: Sorority Rising ...

:-\

It's quite an interesting keg of worms when you start delving into it though:

http://bechdeltest.com/

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 06 June, 2016, 11:48:21 AM

I found a lovely film on the internet where Julie and Sarah discussed how hot their friend Inga was and one thing led to another, and... well, let's just say that I never knew feminism could be so sexy! Turns out this stuff is all over the internet. I don't what women are complaining about...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Satanist

I imagine Kung Fu Panda 3 failed due to having no humans in it  :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Satanist on 06 June, 2016, 12:29:35 PM
I imagine Kung Fu Panda 3 failed due to having no humans in it  :lol:
Wait, thats out already?! When did that happen, I loved the first two!  :o

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 June, 2016, 11:54:29 AM

I found a lovely film on the internet where Julie and Sarah discussed how hot their friend Inga was and one thing led to another, and... well, let's just say that I never knew feminism could be so sexy! Turns out this stuff is all over the internet. I don't what women are complaining about...

Cheers

Jim
RIGHT? :lol:

Colin YNWA

Wow I didn't know Neighbours got a first film - did they get Kylie and Jason back for it?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 June, 2016, 07:53:02 PM

Wow I didn't know Neighbours got a first film - did they get Kylie and Jason back for it?
I believe CFM was refering to BAD Neighbours, a pretty piss poor rom com not related to Neighbours in anyway.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 06 June, 2016, 09:25:49 PM

I believe CFM was refering to BAD Neighbours, a pretty piss poor rom com not related to Neighbours in anyway.

Well I know it wasn't the most artful but calling it Bad Neighbours is harsh. It was very popular back in the day and by and large they all seemed to get on.Well except Mrs Mangle... no one liked her.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 06 June, 2016, 09:25:49 PM
So does Neighbours 2: Sorority Rising ... :-\
It's quite an interesting keg of worms when you start delving into it though: http://bechdeltest.com/
I thought he meant the unheralded follow up to this Aykroyd and Belushi classic.
We never really die.

Bad City Blue

Ghostbusters looks fun. The second trailer is much better.

Paul Feige hasn't let me down yet, so I'm looking forward to it
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 June, 2016, 11:54:29 AM

I found a lovely film on the internet where Julie and Sarah discussed how hot their friend Inga was and one thing led to another, and... well, let's just say that I never knew feminism could be so sexy! Turns out this stuff is all over the internet. I don't what women are complaining about...

Cheers

Jim

Jim! Jim Thriyllseeker has stolen your log-in and, and, and, HOLD ON! that's spelleted korrectly, I smell a rat...
DDT did a job on me