Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

Just downloaded, the Lionel ritchie album with the country twists, very enjoyable
and TRAIN. the latest album is once again bloody excellent.

two worthy purchases.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mudcrab

Ludicra's The Tenant, on newly received limited edition (of 40) vinyl. Comes with a rather lovely numbered, silver printed sleeve, not quite a cover, but like a, well, like a print  :D

Female fronted black metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2prTvpEV_PA
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

klute

klute

Quote from: Mudcrab on 23 April, 2012, 07:01:26 PM
Ludicra's The Tenant, on newly received limited edition (of 40) vinyl. Comes with a rather lovely numbered, silver printed sleeve, not quite a cover, but like a, well, like a print  :D

Female fronted black metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2prTvpEV_PA

I like that Mudcrab the leader singer is almost feral :)

I like a bit of BM i can recommend Wodensthrone a local band the drummer and the former lead singer are friends

Wodensthrone - That Which Is Now Forgotten (first signing to candlelight records)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuxtn6ixb78&feature=related

Wodensthrone - The Storm (Will be featured on the second album with Candlelight)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq-iWwKGd4s

I love what i've heard of the second album but i prefer the first album with the former singer

Mudcrab

Like the Wodensthrone stuff, very nice. Also, some great links above, particularly Black Thai and Horn of the Rhino! Need more time to absorb the more stonery ones.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Roger Godpleton

I've been listening to the new Deathmurder album, SatanBlood.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Frank

Deathmurder sold out after their Demon Corpse album. Viking Hammer are the only real Metal act around these days.

JayzusB.Christ

Rediscovering one of my all-time-favourites Iggy Pop, after finally washing the taste of fucking car insurance out of my mouth (At least Rotten's butter is made and sold by cunts). 
Which is great, because i somehow got addicted to the Smiths for a while, despite their introspective moaning going against everything I believe in.
That said, I saw Morrissey in the audience of the last Iggy Pop gig I went to, and Ian Curtis was listening to him just before he died, so maybe the idea of a Lust for Life is wasted on musical Mancs. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

judgefloyd

I'm listening to a Manx Radio show called 'James Jeheyney', which has some very groovy and varied music and a lot of Manx.
  Also have rediscovered David Bowie thanks to a precocious friend of my son's who loaned me all her CDs

Frank

Quote from: judgefloyd on 02 May, 2012, 01:34:43 PM
Also have rediscovered David Bowie thanks to a precocious friend of my son's who loaned me all her CDs

Duh, Dave Bowie's a dude.

von Boom

Roger Godpleton

The new Actress record is great, if a little formless.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Martin Jameson

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 21 April, 2012, 03:51:23 AM
Just downloaded, the Lionel ritchie album with the country twists, very enjoyable
and TRAIN. the latest album is once again bloody excellent.

two worthy purchases.

That Lionel Richie album is fantastic, knocking Wrecking Ball off of our current playlist! The duets with Shania Twain and Jennifer Nettles are real standouts.

Also getting a lot of play are Black Keys and two live Springsteen albums from the 70's, Live from the Main Point and Live from the Hammersmith Odeon.....two delicious early offerings from the Boss.

TordelBack

Just rediscovered my copies of Sunshine on Leith and the far more recent Life With You by The Proclaimers.  I imagine some of our more northerly brethren may chuckle indulgently at my naivety, but those are two fantastic and deeply thoughtful albums.