Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 07 July, 2012, 05:53:23 PM
Hip-hop artists and rappers are parodying themselves so you don't have to.

As soon as you get more than two or three years older than the people making music, you realise they're basically idiots, and the only way to enjoy them is in the same way you enjoy your dug chasing its tail and growling at the refection in the mirror.

It usually takes fans of hip-hop and metal a little longer to reach this conclusion- sometimes a lifetime. Still love the music, though.

Durendal

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Colin YNWA

Frank

What do y'all think of Muse's official Olympic theme?

GOLD?

Doesn't really get interesting until thirty seconds from the end, but the tune's lopsided charm might be a fitting accompaniment for Beth Tweddle's dismount.

exilewood

Frank

Remember Madonna got in trouble for making some remark about Ecstacy at a show in Miami? She blamed it on Cedric Gervais's record, Molly (apparently what Yanks call eccies). This is it, and it isn't particularly subtle:

EEZERGOOD, HE'SEBENEEZERGOOD

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: klute on 09 July, 2012, 08:10:39 PM
La Roux - in for the kill (Skream Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d2wbzg0gCY

Sounds awfully familiar, I know I've heard it somewhere before, but can't quite place it :think:...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

klute

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 12 July, 2012, 06:38:31 AM
Quote from: klute on 09 July, 2012, 08:10:39 PM
La Roux - in for the kill (Skream Mix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d2wbzg0gCY

Sounds awfully familiar, I know I've heard it somewhere before, but can't quite place it :think:...

Oh i'm not sure either lol  ;)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Frank

Is Justice's new video more Mean Arena or Harlem Heroes, or Megacity One's version of the Superbowl? And did they sell 2000ad in France?

SLAPSHOT!

Mudcrab

Wey hey, just home from a good night, but if you have the chance to see Contort, they're fantastc. LOUD AS FUCK, is the thing I have to say, very hardcore, very noise, so if you like that, you'll like it.

Aside from Filthpact, who I love to bits and who were great, even though they thought they were shit, still enjoyed it (playin at Isle of Cumrae tomrrrow)...

Dirtdrinker, fantastic stuff, 2 guys, guitar and drums, if you see them playing, go see them, fucking marvellous. Reminded me of Todd, whO ono one has heard of lol, but yeah, arsom music.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I just got Gun's new album this morning.

On CD, 'cos that's how I roll. Although I did order it on-line.
Lock up your spoons!

judgefloyd

I was just about to listen to Jamys Jeheiney at manxradio.com but I stopped by here and now I'm listening to those excellent mashups Durendal posted.  Gura mie mooar ayd*, Durendal!

*thanks a lot

Mudcrab

Wow, I did post last night, I thought I just went to bed  :lol:

Anyway, Dirtdrinker...

http://dirtdrinker.bandcamp.com/
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!