Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

GrinningChimera

Goodspeed You! Black Emperor (or should that be Godspeed You Black Emperor!?) - F#A#(infinity)

The album that got me into Godspeed and the whole genre. Still my favourite GYBE album to date (follow closely by 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! And to think, if it wasn't for 28 days later, I probably still wouldn't have a clue who they are. Best listened to in the dark. Alone.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm listening to James Blunt before I pop down the road to Demoncon. Nice and relaxing :D

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 16 February, 2014, 06:09:07 AM
Goodspeed You! Black Emperor (or should that be Godspeed You Black Emperor!?) - F#A#(infinity)

It's a bit full-on isn't it? I remember long ago I just hated the entire "post-rock" genre on principle because as a name it's the most po-faced and pretentious thing. GYBE are, by all accounts, very po-faced and pretentious but the music is enthralling. If you dislike something strongly without reason it's always worth listening to it anyway - it opened up a new bit in my brain.

NapalmKev

Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked. My favorite of their albums.

Ministry - Land of Rape and Honey. A truly great album.

Radiohead - Kid A and Hail to the Thief. Radiohead are consistently excellent and my second fave band. (maybe not what you'd expect from a N Death fan, but hey-ho).

Laura Mvula - I really like 'Green Garden'. Beautifully funky track and great video too.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

judda fett

Napalm Kev, out of curiosity did you ever hear Nine Dwarves by MSI & Asylum with Napalm death? Couldn't find a link on YouTube unfortunately. It's what I'm going to listen to on the rekkid deck now.

judda fett

A play on the Biz Markie & TJ swann 'Albee Square Mall' that two people on here at a push will get. Fun track nonetheless, RA the Rugged Man ft Amelie Braun - Definition Of A Rap Flow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3byEUZm0r40&feature=youtube_gdata_player

NapalmKev

Quote from: judda fett on 16 February, 2014, 10:10:44 PM
Napalm Kev, out of curiosity did you ever hear Nine Dwarves by MSI & Asylum with Napalm death? Couldn't find a link on YouTube unfortunately. It's what I'm going to listen to on the rekkid deck now.

Haven't heard this one, will have a search later when I'm on a proper break (at work).

I did find this with a quick search - Leng Tch'e: Totalitarian, featuring Barney from N Death.

Enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K82Wd4Kd9zs

judda fett

Quote from: NapalmKev on 17 February, 2014, 09:02:04 AM
Quote from: judda fett on 16 February, 2014, 10:10:44 PM

Haven't heard this one, will have a search later when I'm on a proper break (at work).

I did find this with a quick search - Leng Tch'e: Totalitarian, featuring Barney from N Death.

Enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K82Wd4Kd9zs

Cheers for the link, couldn't find my MSI Asylum/ Napalm Death vinyl last night but did rediscover This Gunshot record featuring Shane from ND from about 94 ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEZC8DT_pH0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

NapalmKev

Quite good, not heard that before. Reminded me a bit of Cypress Hills and their guitar/rock based albums (Cypress H are another fave of mine)

Nice one Judda.

Cheers

8-Ball

On my playlist at the moment I have among others:

Mesmerise by Temples
Shake Some Action by The Flamin' Groovies
Birth In Reverse by St Vincent
Beehive Queen by The Wytches
Advanced Falconry by Mutual Benefit
I Can't Help You by Cate Le Bon
Vitamin C by Can
Isi by Neu!
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

CrazyFoxMachine

Ancient Otter

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 February, 2014, 07:40:45 AM
I'm listening to James Blunt before I pop down the road to Demoncon. Nice and relaxing :D

For the newer board members who don't really know Commando Forces, you can tell how tough he is in real life by the fact he said he's listening to James Blunt and not one board member dared to mock him for that.......

SuperSurfer

I can't stop playing AC/DC's High Voltage, Highway to Hell and Back in Black.