Main Menu

Zenith Reprints?

Started by hailtothechimp, 11 August, 2004, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

How much would you be prepared to pay per volume? Not mint, not falling apart either. Well read, somemight say scruffy condition. But rare as hens teeth. I've got them and don't want the moon on a stick for them.

Trout

I'd quite like the moon on a stick.

It'd make a nice reading lamp.

- Trout

hailtothechimp

I have kept my eyes peeled for the relevant copies of "Best of 2000 AD" but haven't seen the issues I want yet. Of course, I have bits and pieces of the various books in my (now sadly) haphazard collection of progs, but a nicely bound and presented collection would be a treat.

Morrison did indeed make use of 'stock' superheroes but that is one of the great pleasures of reading the strip: trying to identify the various characters from the nerdy files locked away in one's memory.

Oddboy

I've got the two Best Ofs that have Phase II in them, they'll be given away at some point in the not too distant future.

But not yet.
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Monarch

I've got a complete set of the original issues the complete series is in and i love them to bits

hailtothechimp

I love 'em to bits too. I've often felt Zenith was curiously underappreciated compared to some other 2000 AD legends. Good to know the fans are out there.

hailtothechimp

A real 'newbie' question but...how the drokk does one go about getting a little icon or avatar to go with one's username??

Mr D

You have to send a gif image to the webmaster. Instructions are under 'Help' at the top of the page. If you ask someone round here (like Cybermax) they'll probably make you one!

ukdane

Was it Alan Grant, or Grant Morrison that was talking about the problems with the rights to Zenith- something to do with signing the back of cheques???

Does anyone know if Rebellion have made any atempt to "clear the air" with Morrison, by offering some kind of deal in order to get them reprinted.

Is this the situation: Rebellion have the artwork and are ready to/have print(ed) but Morrison is saying he'll sue as Zenith is his character, and he wants to be paid for it.

(All these problems must have arrisen around the time he did Zzzzenith.com- so why did he do that?)

Solution: Could Rebllion offer to print the collections, with the deal that Morrison then owns the character of Zenith (and the original stories) once ALL the 2000ad books have been published. Then he can so what he want with the character.
Cheers

-Daney

Mr D

I think that on paper Rebellion are in their rights, but Morrison's argument is enough to stop them or at least cost them a lot of money.

Basically, he's being a prick.

[YT-2]

>Is this the situation: Rebellion have the artwork and are ready to/have print(ed) but Morrison is saying he'll sue as Zenith is his character, and he wants to be paid for it.

As far as I remember someone said on the board that they were printed and sat in a warehouse somewhere.

[YT-2]

Mr D

(replying to Byron's stray post)

Maybe a little harsh, but not much. Nobody is disputing that he owns them, created them etc. All he's doing now is preventing fans reading it. That doesn't seem at all fair. He was paid. He should get over it. It isn't like he's had it stolen from him...

Tex Hex

>>...they were printed and sat in a warehouse somewhere.

Apart from my copy! Mwooaahahahaha!

hex