Main Menu

Prog 2148 - Fear of the Machine!

Started by norton canes, 05 September, 2019, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 September, 2019, 10:14:25 AM
Quote from: Frank on 12 September, 2019, 08:08:49 PM
You're forgetting the non-twist that humans are the real monsters! Page 19 of Al Ewing's Ultimate Future Shock.

As for the 'twist', I didn't really see it as such ... it slotted into that grand tradition (of) humans generally being awful

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 September, 2019, 10:14:25 AM
Quote from: Frank on 12 September, 2019, 08:08:49 PM
Geof Darrow's occasional stupidly detailed panels have the same effect as Mills's text, slowing the progress of the reader's eye around the page and through the story ... forcing the reader to take in every tiny detail. More of either would produce the desired effect.

There's this notion that 2000 AD must be X or Y

Tiplodocus

Enjoyed that. JAEGIR top of the pile again with an amusing Sin/Dex following.

I have some misgivings about the slightness of the 3RILLER and the thirty odd year old references in INDIGO PRIME but not enough for me to really moan about.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IndigoPrime

Thanks for the selective quoting, Frank. That's really helpful. I don't see how there's any contradiction there anyway, but whatever.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 September, 2019, 01:13:32 PMEnjoyed that. JAEGIR top of the pile again
Odd that – Smith-penned Rogue aside – it really is one strip where the playground is a lot more interesting than the lead. Jaegir for me betters almost any Rogue Trooper, and long may it continue. (And long may it avoid Rogue rocking up. Or any other GI, for that matter.)

Frank

Frank

The great Steve Yeowell posts his original art for each episode on social media. John Charles' colours are wonderful, but he seems to be getting all the credit for the increased tonal variation in Yeowell's work:

Frank