Main Menu

Hivemind query: Name that story

Started by Dash Decent, 12 January, 2024, 10:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

From Reddit -

Hi all. I have a collection of judge dredd comics form my childhood. I always remember one in particular I loaned to a then friend and I never got it back. I do not know if it was megazine, 2000ad etc, but it had a story in it where someone was drilling small satellite dishes into peoples heads to mind control them. Countless searching has me at a dead end. Does anyone know this story and what issue it was?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Lobo Baggins

That's Judge Dredd "The House on Runner's Walk" by Wagner and Grant with art by Ian Gibson from prog 365 - it's in The Complete Case Files 7.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Okay, reply has come back:

Sorry it's very similar but it was in colour. I looked up Prog 365 and it's from 1984. I was born in 83. I started buying judge dredd and 2000ad in about 1991 ish to 95. Thank you though
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Funt Solo

From the description, it might be Driller Killer in prog 721.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Final post:

I've managed to read complete case files 7 online and you are correct, it was house in runners walk.

I remembered the story being colour but that's probably what 30 years does to memories. It will definitely have been in that judge dredd classics comic from 1992, which may have had other stories in colour in it.

Thank you so much. It's something I've been looking for on and off for years, I was even flicking through old issues in an antique book shop once!

Thanks to Lobo and Funt.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Funt Solo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 13 January, 2024, 01:40:44 PMI've managed to read complete case files 7 online

*cough* JUDGE DREDD: CASE FILES 07 - only $9.99 at all good stockists!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 13 January, 2024, 04:19:30 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 13 January, 2024, 01:40:44 PMI've managed to read complete case files 7 online

*cough* JUDGE DREDD: CASE FILES 07 - only $9.99 at all good stockists!

Yes, I saw that too.  I push the Case Files etc when I can.

Speaking for myself, I've got all the CF up to 42.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

JayzusB.Christ

I have a vague memory of a 2000ad strip where someone is listening to the lyrics 'to my mind she's my kind of girl', which Google tells me must be this and sounds very different in reality from how it was in my head.

Could have been one of the songs that Luke Kirby's cousin / incestuous crush Kim had playing from her ever-present radio but I can't find the progs in question.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 February, 2024, 02:16:12 PMI have a vague memory of a 2000ad strip where someone is listening to the lyrics 'to my mind she's my kind of girl', which Google tells me must be this and sounds very different in reality from how it was in my head.

Could have been one of the songs that Luke Kirby's cousin / incestuous crush Kim had playing from her ever-present radio but I can't find the progs in question.

You have it right - it's The Journal Of Luke Kirby - The Night Walker, part 6 (prog 805).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Thank you! Seriously - these things eat away at me far too much, so I appreciate it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rara Avis

While we're at it .. I remember watching a tv show when I was younger (late 80s / early 90s) which I'm pretty sure was called Frankenstein's Castle and Frankenstein lived in this castle with Dracula and others and the castle was in the middle of a lake ... Anyone remember what this tv show was really called?

Eamonn Clarke

Live action or animated?
Was it by any chance a European co-production with dodgy dubbing?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]