Main Menu

wildcat the 1988 comic

Started by mark alsopp, 18 March, 2005, 11:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark alsopp

Hello who ever is out there! I am hoping you people know of this comic book... Wildcat. it was pubished in 1988 and was later made part of Eagle. I am trying to track some issues down as i loved it when i was a child! So if you can help let me know thanks !!

mark

Funt Solo

ebay has issue #2 for sale (3 days to go) - just type "wildcat comic" into the search.

So far 0 bids.

(I'm not the seller)
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

therev

Um...I THINK I remeber this wasn't a freebie issue given away with 2k at some point?

Richmond Clements

Um...I THINK I remeber this wasn't a freebie issue given away with 2k at some point?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I know about it too. Ron Smith was the artist on it I think.

Endjinn

I remember some guy who could shoot lazers from his eyes being stranded in a jungle and some fat alien on a flying chair wanting to kill him (err...for no real reason at all) and a couple of future-shock-esque episodes, one of which was a total rip-off of The Birds, and another featuring a Journ-Robot that committed murder as it had no crimes to report on.

therev

maryanddavid

wildcat was a decent little comic, pity it failed.based on the 'earth is doomed let find another planet'very original concept.the promo art (all this is from memory so i may be corrected)was by ian kennedy, and i also remember some john higgins art  maybe a cover.

the stories wre joe alien, art by ron smith and belardinelli.
loner art by david pugh, and later in the eagle by the brilliant eric bradbury.loner was also printed in the us as one of the few non 2000ad titles by quality.
kitten magee art by jose ortiz, which also continued int eagle,a future shock type story every issue, i recall rendondo doing some of them.
 the main story i cant remember the title but i think the art was by vayno.
each story centered around checking out planets/different parts of planets to see if they were suitable for humans.
david

Ironjaw

Hi
There is an auction sight called "Trade Me" from New Zealand. As Europeans you can't actually join and sell things but you can become a member to bye stuff! If you type in 2000AD they currently have a Wildcat #2 up for sale. There was a Wildcat winter special that didn't go too. It was also under the 2000AD banner (they might relist). Failing that there is a Battlestar Galactia sight where a guy is selling off bits and pieces of other assorted si-fi things and possibly a wildcat comic too if memory serves. I'll have to check and get back to you on that one. I'm in Australia myself and as a result I purchase almost all my 2000AD comics on Ebay and have to pay the shipping. If your keen and don't mind the added expense then prehaps this is an option for you. Good luck and let me know how it all went.

Ironjaw

..Just checked that Battlestar Galactia sight. Sorry they were buck Rogers Panini stickers. Still; the NZ rippoff, of Ebay might bring you luck.