Main Menu

Help me Obi-Hivemind Kenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Tweak72, 13 October, 2008, 03:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldshown

Judge Glasswell is refered to by name only once in the story, and that is on page 2 of prog 1546.

His badge is never seen clearly enough for his name to be shown, but the closest would be prog 1547 page 6.

Bouwel

I've had a proper look now and I'm afraid the images are just too small to make out any detail on the badge.

Sorry.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Bolt-01

Mighty Hive- holder of all the useful knowledge,

Can someone with a better memory than me remember who the copyright holder is for Charley's War? I'm thinking it is Egmont, but I might be wrong.

Kerrin

Yep, you're quite right Bolt. It is Egmont. Says so down the side of the first page in each meg it was reprinted in.

© Egmont Magazines Ltd.

P.S I've read about three of those Zarjaz you sent me Dave and they're bloody marvellous. Cheers Kerrin.

Bolt-01

Kerrin, thanks for the kind words, but you aint seen nothin' yet.

I've just finished work on three pages of pure gold from the mind of .... Heh, that would be spoilers.

I, Cosh

Cornelius from Skizz. What's his surname? I keep thinking Van Owen, but that's the scientist bloke, isn't it?
We never really die.

TordelBack

Cardew is ringing bells for me?  He has an O-Level in metalwork, and is a dab hand at pipe fitting, if that's any help.

worldshown

It is indeed Cardew.

Prog 316 gives his qualifications as a 140 yard swimming certificate, a grade 4 O level in woodwork and his service layers exams.

I, Cosh

Quote from: "worldshown"It is indeed Cardew.

Prog 316 gives his qualifications as a 140 yard swimming certificate, a grade 4 O level in woodwork and his service layers exams.
Cheers lads. The reason it came up was because I was reading a bit about this guy: He probably had his pride. Of course, I now see Skizz is mentioned in his wikipedia entry.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Flippineck, you learn something every day!  

(and of course it was Woodwork not metalwork... tccch).

Bolt-01

Hive-mind- I have a conundrum for you.

I've done some RAM upgrading and gotten an external Hard drive as well. One of the things I've done is remove all the comic makey programs and reinstall them on the external drive to free up space on the C.

So far so good- except that Illustrator didn't uninstall properly, and so when I am trying to install (This is Illustrator 10, not a CS version) it I don't have the option to install- just repair. Repairing is no good, and telling it to uninstall just leaves me in the same boat I was in.

I've gone through the control panel to delete the program as well and that didn't fix anything.

The point of my post: Is there a utility I can download that I can use to clean the program out properly and in doing so allow me to try to reinstall?

Getting really fed up know as I have lettering jobs mounting up (though unlike Jim I don't get paid)

Banners

If you load up your Illustrator 10 CD and go through the initial installation steps, you'll get options to '"Repair" or "Remove". They may help?

M@

Bolt-01

Nope, tried that. If I ask it to uninstall it just runs and closes- the program is still there. Repair gave me a boggling list of options that required highlighting. I did this and the program ran till it came up with an error- though this was last night and I can't remember the exact wording.

Banners

There are quite a few uninstall utilities out there - Google will hopefully help here. I use Ccleaner for various maintenance tasks which it's very good at, and it has an uninstall feature which may work?

M@

Bolt-01

Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow as the CCleaner seems to have tidied up things appropriately and I'm going to try to re-install tonight.

So here's a pre-emptive cheers!