Main Menu

Suffering from Slaine Burnout.... Only one man can help me now....

Started by Van Dom, 09 September, 2009, 10:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

???

Quoting Myself....

Note-Pad is really kind to you if you don't how to use the commands that allow you to paragraph proaperly.

End of Quote

I meant Note-Pad ISN"T kind to you if you don't know how to use all the commands and functions supplied with it.

END OF SUBJECT

That wouldn't be about Simon De Montfort?

I think alot of pople were like that back in those days. Nobody took anynotice of you unless you put lots of armour, weilding a sword or large axe and went around chopping up anybody that got in your way.

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting Van Dom....

QuoteI always thought the Cyth represented "God" and "religion", imposing order on humans so they could control them and feed off their fears etc etc. Then the Goddess was Mother Nature, representing anarchy and chaos and our base animal instinct which was being enslaved by religion and rules and civilisation etc. And Slaine was the warrior for that side of things, fighting against the system, order. In this tale though, there is now talk of another "God" - the Trinity - who cast out "Lucifer and his angels" from "heaven"...and Lucifer and these Angels are the Cyth. So the Cyth are the Devil? But the Goddess is someone else. And all these faerie folk that used to live in happiness ended up turning to the dark side because of humans becoming all religious and losing the magic from their lives?

So theres the Cyth and theres Mother Nature and they are at war. The Cyth try to restrain humans with religion and order, Mother Nature tries to free them using Slaine as her tool.

I was wondering if I could use your explanation, your personal take on the Cyth/Cythron on the Mongoose Publisihng forum.

They have already started a thread about the correct pronouciation of Cyth/Cythron and I thought I would follow it up with discussion on what they are exactly.

Your words were the best I found so far. i would like to use them, quoting what you said above.

I might also ask if they are interested in making a source book for the Cyth/Cythron in the Slaine Runequest game.

Van Dom

Well I was just making that up as I went along and I don't really understand it myself but if you want to use it, by all means do. I won't sue! ;)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Tweak72

I dont know why you are bothering as its all a bit of a let down after The Horned God
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Mike Gloady

It hits a lul for a while, but there are moments of brilliance too. 

I agree that maybe it'd have been the sensible thing to just leave it at that, but I'm glad they didn't as some of my favourite moments happened afterthat. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Tweak72

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 30 November, 2009, 04:39:19 PM

I agree that maybe it'd have been the sensible thing to just leave it at that, but I'm glad they didn't as some of my favourite moments happened afterthat.  

What bits are that? I ask as I have just sorted my progs out so may have them.

Also, I must be the only person who preferred Clint Langley's early art (Lord of Misrule) to his overley photoshoped current work which I find what it gains in being pretty then lacks in passion. Sorry Clint but your early stuff was the only thing that kept me interested in Slaine at the time.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Mike Gloady

Lord of Misrule/Name of the Sword was certainly one of them (I prefered the line-work one).  Some cracking bits of characterisation there in among the crappy bits.  Demon Killer/Queen of Witches was pretty good too. 

Treasures of Britain, a bit meh but nice art.  After that it all got a bit silly until BoI.

I like Langley's current work, but I wish he'd draw more.  Apart from anything else, that style's like painting in that it takes an age and is generally less clear in storytelling terms. 

Having said that, I do STILL like it.  But Lord of Misrule was lovely.  *sniff*

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Van Dom on 30 November, 2009, 04:18:02 PM
Well I was just making that up as I went along and I don't really understand it myself but if you want to use it, by all means do. I won't sue! ;)

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41533

Oh BTW, I'm known as Standing-Stone on that fourm. I look much uglier there as well.

I like what you said, as it ties up a few loose threads and makes so much sence to me. If the Cytherons are Slaine's reinterpretation of lucifer & his Demonic host from the Bible. That battle or war they lost must have been with God and his host of Angels who imprsoned with in the earth at the dawn of time. Cythrons are even discribed as Demonic Angels. I think I read this in the Treasures of Britain and it's in Time-Killer that you learn how they abduct people, and torture and experiment on them. Like Demons do and Aliens as well. Aliens who abduct people and experiment on them is nother way of looking at them.

Having said that, how would that eexplain how they are trapped and can't excape Cythrawl. Unable to break free until they have accrued enough negative energy. How would they abduct people if theycan't escape?

Hmmm...

Quote from: Tweak72 on 30 November, 2009, 04:59:34 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 30 November, 2009, 04:39:19 PM

What bits are that? I ask as I have just sorted my progs out so may have them.

Also, I must be the only person who preferred Clint Langley's early art (Lord of Misrule) to his overley photoshoped current work which I find what it gains in being pretty then lacks in passion. Sorry Clint but your early stuff was the only thing that kept me interested in Slaine at the time.

No, I like his earlier stuff as well or don't I count ::)

Trout

ThryllSeekyr

I've read it :D

I read all my own posts, over and over again an din my sleep.

But I'd like to remind you that atleast half of what is written above is somebody else's post.

Trout

Okay, TS. You're a bloody legend and it is a great regret to me that you tend to post on pretty much the only 2000AD subject in which I have very little interest.

What do you like besides Slaine?

All the best

- Trout

ThryllSeekyr

Yes, that is unfortunate :'(

What do you think the actual ratio of Slaine discussion is to evrything else on this messageboard???

Do I like anything else other than Slaine

Well, I have shelf full of.....
Judge Dredd Case Files (One - eleven, so far.),
Strotitum Dog (One - Five Complete.),
Nemesis The Warlock (Three Volumes),
The first Volume of Ro-Busters and Ace Trucking.
Judge Dredd, Origins, Icubus ( Vs aliens.) & Young Death, Diary of a Super Fiend.
Xtinct,
The Complete Dr & Quinch,
The Complete Indigoe Prime,
The Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks,
Storming Heaven
The Best of Tharg's Future Shocks
DC's Metazoic
Four of the progs and a Megazine.
The big bumper hardback of The Best of 2000AD and ThrillPower Overload
The Three rule books from Games Workshop Editon of a Judge Dredd Game
The Thirteeth Floor & Doomlord
I have the Warhammer 40k Codex for Space Wolves, Dark Eldar and Tyranids
R.A. Salvatore's Homeland, The Legend of DDrizzt Book One{/b]
The core rules for the Red Dwarf, Role Playing Game and Gamemasters screen

The rest of my 2000AD collection in my room is what I got of the recnt progs over the last few years and the back issues as well.

I have devoted a third of bookshelve exclusively to Slaine

COMMANDO FORCES

Mike Gloady

What?

No ABCs?  No Rogue?  No Button Man?  No Dante?  No Sin/Dex?  No Invasion/Savage?  None of the "new" Strontium Dog? 

Tut tut tut.  Very disappointed.  Do you even READ 2000ad?

ThryllSeekyr

Only my favorites at the moment, as my finances have dried up.

Just remember, I do atleast have alot of the progs, just barely any of the recent ones.

I know if I had the money now, I would have started collecting the other case files for A.B.C. Warriors, Rogue Trooper, & Psi Anderson.

Collecting something entirely is a scary consideration, as I had originally just wanted to read all of Slaine.

Pretty soon, your in a room full of books and your wondering where the last couple of years of your life have gone.

I ask the same question again....

QuoteWhat do you think the actual ratio of Slaine discussion is to evrything else on this messageboard???

Find the balance.

I consider myself to be the balance.