Main Menu

Notable Warriors or Bad guys that have died fighting alongside or with Slaine.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 14 January, 2010, 11:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Fuck it- whilst we're at it, the Duan Eireannach mentions Gael and Scota, we could post that too!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

locustsofdeath!

TordelBack

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 17 January, 2010, 09:02:30 AM
I'm afraid my 500 word story will never live up to this...!

Maybe Kerrin would let you include From Hell-lke appendices?

ThryllSeekyr

I just noticed how I wrote the title of this thread.

That is, I didn't mean that bad guys can't be notable warriors.

In Slaine's time and perhaps our own now.

There is no such things as bad guys and good guys or people.

There is just your side and my side.

I decided to take break for two days, yesterday and today and besides, I think there were enought names given already.

Feel free to contribute.

Surely there are other people who who know the names of people, notable warriors, some that were villianous that fought in Slaine's presence.

Anyway, as I was randomly searching through Progs containing Slaine's variant of the Lebor Gabála Érenn I was looking for other characters that died. Other than Scota and Sethor.

Everything is murky in this tale, nothing is really clear and I was wondering if Princess Meritean ( Spelling of name may not be correct ) is one and the same as Scota. I do know that her husband or boyfriend Gael had another lady, a previous love interest. Who may have died also and there another female character who went bad. I think she was made into a Golamh slave by the new creatures. The people riding fish monsters, the newer variety of Formorian.

Scota, looking at her picture..... is not really attractive. She dos seem alittle ghoulish to me and withthe dark green nipples and poison braid of long hair. Just not my type.

There's a character called Fergus. One of the other Red Branch Knights. Sporting a red mohawk. I think Odacon ( This name always will always remind me of the obscure name for a convention ) got him towards the end. It's one of those really murky panels where I'm not sure who's killing who.

Fergus does he have a full name or any other distinction? I do remember, the day I brought a prog, with one of the Scota stories and I think the same guy, Fergus who seriously wounded and asking Slaine that he not be put into the Cauldron of Rebirth and to be brought back as a zombie if ever dies. The Druid/Medic tending the sick was spoon feeding them some garlic soup or something like that and returning later to sniff their wounds. The smell of garlic, was a sign of internal bleeding and a unavoidable slow death.

Reading this for the first time as I also held a copy of the Horrible History's: Cut Throat Celts which basically had a article on this exact same medical practice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horrible_Histories

You'd think the smell garlic would be strong anyway as it's goes from mouth to
stomach and out the other end and this medical Druid had a dirty beard, flowing moustache. Probably sampling his own garlic soup. Traditionally, Celts would use their overhanging moustaches as a natural filter, probably catching garlic gloves in it as well. So the smell of garlic is going to be constantly on his breath.

Slaine Demon-Killer

Boudicca or Boudecea is tortured to death by Elfric.

Another historical character dies. Not sure if this clashs with what actualley happened. I just read on the UNRV Historica Website....

http://www.unrv.com/early-empire/defeat-of-boudicca.php

....that she poisoned herself rather than face being matched through the streets of the Roman occupied towns. Her defeat was supposedly at Watling Street isn't there a rumor that she was buried under the foundations of Kings Cross, London.

I'm pretty sure a few noteble Roman General's died as well as Elfric, but that I guess that counted as tempory banishment until he turned up later in Books of Invasion: Tara to be kiled once and for all.

Grail War

Van Dom, if you recall this thread topic you started earlier, late last year....

http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26187.msg452900.html#msg452900

The historical character, and cavalier knight Simon De MonFort is killed in violent battle. I think it was with some El Warriors or those Dark Elves.

Van Dom can provide the finer details here as they have studied this story in great detail.

I just found this after seacrhing his nam eon the Wikipdeia and you can take a pick at which one he is here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_de_Montfort

Now there there quite a procession of these historical characters that have been
featured in Slaine stories fighting along side and against the
warped one as well.

Brian Boru Not that he actualley did along side with him. He was in his tent praying and his end is left open to debate.

Tordelbach the one from the comic.

Murdach Died the same day as his father or pretty close to that time in  real world history, but his fate was never realised when his adventures with Slaine ended.

Calgacus I have a Penis With that name he is legion.

Pictured here again, holding his sword.

Quoting what was said about his death in his wikipedia entry....

QuoteCalgacus is not mentioned during or after the battle and he is not named as one of the hostages Agricola took with him after putting the Caledonians to flight. It is therefore unclear as to whether he was killed in combat or escaped to play a part in the uneasy peace of succeeding decades.

So, I wonder with his invlovment in Slaine wether Agricola was linked to Cythron's, Slough Feg or even Myrddin who supposedly kidnapped/coerced to join with them to play a part in Slaine

Boudicca or Boudacea Her fate in Slaine's variant of her history, not all that different from real world history.

Simon De MonFort Just ask Van Dom and if rearrange his name you get Simon Demon Fort which is very auspicous

Locust of Death could very well stick to that theme, and he might.

Well, thats five historical people dead after hanging out with Slaine.

Were there is more.

Well, I do know that King Arthur & Modred had that battle right at the begin
ing of Treasures of Britain but right now I am unsure of the outcome. In the film Excaliber it was a simultaneous death blow.

Did William Wallace meet his usaul fate in King of Hearts.

More names to be revealed later.

Dog Deever

QuoteScota, looking at her picture..... is not really attractive. She dos seem alittle ghoulish to me and withthe dark green nipples and poison braid of long hair. Just not my type.
QuoteYou'd think the smell garlic would be strong anyway as it's goes from mouth to
stomach and out the other end and this medical Druid had a dirty beard, flowing moustache. Probably sampling his own garlic soup. Traditionally, Celts would use their overhanging moustaches as a natural filter, probably catching garlic gloves in it as well. So the smell of garlic is going to be constantly on his breath.
This is proving to be the thread that keeps on giving.
Class.
Absolute fucking quality!!!

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting Myself Earlier....

QuoteSlaine the King

The King who was succeeded by Ragall was ritually put to death after his seven year reign. Just can't find or remember his name for the time being. Looking at picture, he's the one that looks like he's wearing a beer drinking hat with the cans missing and a strong similarity to the Red Hand guard Laranga standing outside the city gates of the village at Tortage from Age of Conan

King Grudnew was his name and it's shame I can't find any uploaded pictures of him in his stylised beer drinking head-gear minus the cans of beer.

Having thrown Slaine thrown out of the tribe until the end of reign for the crime of sleeping with young bride to be Niamh.

I can't really say, they fought along side one another, unless you think of the exiled [Slaine as extension of the king.

This king died the death he had been prepared for. Ritually murdered at the end of his seven year reign.

Quote from: Dog Deever on 19 January, 2010, 12:29:00 AM
QuoteScota, looking at her picture..... is not really attractive. She dos seem alittle ghoulish to me and withthe dark green nipples and poison braid of long hair. Just not my type.
QuoteYou'd think the smell garlic would be strong anyway as it's goes from mouth to
This is proving to be the thread that keeps on giving.
Class.
Absolute fucking quality!!!

A picture of Scota the woman reclining, not the Serpent. Not the picture I was looking for, but it will have to do.

Her's another....

Taking a Quote from the 2000AD Reveiw of the Prog 1371, Books of Invasion Three Scota Part Two...

QuoteSynopsis: Slaine keeps the wounded Fergus company. If his wound is fatal, he has to go into the cauldron of rebirth and become undead. Fergus eats garlic - if the druid can smell the garlic through the wound, it's fatal. Luckily Fergus' wound isn't and he can return to battle.

So, I wasn't far off there.

Slaine slays the seemly impervious Garda half way through Slaine : The Gong Beater....

The armored man, proabbly not such match for one of Slaine experience, if not strength and only because of his armor he lasted as long as he did. He only wanted to guard the the Cyth tower that was being rebuilt as luxary apartments. I think he also wanted money to give to Sabrina.

Slaine also slew the three Cyth-Gods summoned by the Gong. I they were well known and previously named in Time-killer as....

Sorog - The one without pity - Whose crimes shamed a star-system.

Niohoggar - The galactic gourmet who tried to suck the cosmic egg.

The Dreaded Gomboo - The World Doppelganger.

Untimely deaths for three known to be alien gods.

Slaine didn't think it so

So, if Princess Meritaten was betrothed to Gael, originally, than who was Fais?

Dog Deever

I really think a large photo of Scota's breasts are in order here- just so we can see why her nipples repulse you, TS- I'll wager they're a lot more attractive than that Serpent... though I think evidence is needed. Just to be sure, you understand.

QuoteNiohoggar - The galactic gourmet who tried to suck the cosmic egg.

I'm assuming that your use of the word 'tried' means that they failed. Perhaps instruction from her grandchild, Setanata Mac Satellitetv, may have been called for. But I digress.
More please. Especially large pics of Scota's nipples and some more straining anecdotes.

On with the discussion...

What is the proper name for them,
As a nation,
By which they were called in their own country?
Scuit or Gaedhil?

Why was Fene said to be
A name for them?
And Gaedhil — which is the better,
Whence was it derived?

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting Deever...

QuoteI really think a large photo of Scota's breasts are in order here- just so we can see why her nipples repulse you, TS- I'll wager they're a lot more attractive than that Serpent... though I think evidence is needed. Just to be sure, you understand.

It's not just the breasts, but also her face I don't like. The markings covering here entire body are a unhealthy shade of green.

It's alittle MEH to me.

Maybe, I'm just over reaacting.

I'm assuming that your use of the word 'tried' means that they failed.

It's not my usage, it's how it's written originally in Time Killer.

Second page of the cahpter under the heading of the name Gulag.

Apart from that, it doesn't mean much to me at all.

Much like the rest of your post.

You really lost it there.

As for more pictures of Scota, all topless and nippley.

You will notice that she's topless in that picture.

Best one I could find. Care of 2000AD Reveiw.

I may upload the one I was referring to later if it's possible.

ThryllSeekyr

Okay here's the picture.

I guess she's not so bad, but the open thighs are alittle too graphic. She might as well not be wearing those panties and in that respect it's not really doing anything positive for the character. Like the blogger on 2000AD Reveiw said... They're going to need a Y shaped coffin for her burial.

Can you really imagine waking up next to her each morning.

Oh I know, some of you might say yes to that.

I'd still hesitate.

Anyway moving along....

I almost forgot Dragonheist

Gnawl the youngest of Kivca the Fish-Wife was the first to go to Mata a mature aged ice dragon in the Coed Arian otherwise know as the Silver forest somewhere in Cambria otherwise known as Swansea, Wales.

Regarding Nest, who was travelling back home to the Worm's Head Farm on the Gower moors, otherwise known as Worm's Head Penisula, Rhossili Bay, on the Gower hinterland. My favorite place in Slaine but your more likley to find goats rather than dragons there. The Penisula itself. Looks abit like a giant serpent or dragon, hence the name. The place is also supposed to be devoid of trees due to really strong winds.

As it clearly shows that Nest of the Speckled Face was on her way back home from college in Durrington, Oxford. Then it must be true that this was how she travelled to from those places. It was that obvious. I thought she might have used the Knucker as I said.  I thought about this on another thread. I wasn't so sure on how she travelled before she absconded with Slaine on the back of the Knucker. Still with the distance from OXford to Worm's Head I think she definitely had a room there.

I wonder if the location of the blow hole coressponds with the Pit or Fogou

Moving on with the story...

The Old fish wife taking the same ride, accosted by her remaining sons along the way. They tell her the bad news and she immediatly holds Nest responcible knowing that her father breeds dragons. Though, Nest retorts that they keep their wings clipped.

So it was told that Slaine made short work of her remaining three sons....

Lurc Longface

Naf the Ferry

Art Treefoot

Who were also joined by ....

Hevey The Blacksmith

Bov the Builder

It's implied rather than claerly shown that Slaine layed out the lot of them, it as it was the last two that were only shown be on the recieving end his axe and at that I don't actaulley think he killed them outright. Now that I 'm paying attention to the body count. I bet Saline didn't think it to many. As their mother seems merely irritated and not completely grief stricken at their unknown fate.

Slaine may be warped, but he's completey twisted. 

Perhaps a waste of time to have mentioned them, but atleast it's possible that they might have a better chance of crossing paths with the protagonist again.

After getting work on her uncles dragon farm, spending undisclosed amountof time there. Perhaps a few days, they decide steal the Knucker leaving

leaving uncle Grug in a drunken stupor. Taking Nest along with them. It's here that Nest reveals that her uncle killed her father.a dn she was eager to leave for reason as well.

In Part Four....

On the second page it looks like they are standing on the serpent shaped penisula shown above and it's might be actulley be that the pit that they saw flames rising from is in the exact same place as the blow hole also pictured above. Except this is moorland, and there are no tides here.

La Widow of Gnawl is assumed have been consumed by the Mata after it casts a glamour on her.

The Mata also incinerates....

Lurc Longface

Naf the Ferry

Art Treefoot

Who won't be returning without some divine intervention. I'ts not essential information as Slaine did fight them earlier.

The Mata, it's skull, now split open on the end of Slaine's axe. It's diamond hahrness destroying his axe in the process.

No doubt, The Knucker did wear it down.

It's then revealed that a vengeful Nest had left a flesh fork in the chest of Grud possibly killing him, and the fork was possibly covered in Dragon venom. Just to be sure.

Some Cranes then herald the return of Lord Weird Slough Feg.

Apparently he disintergrated after a great battle Slough Throt whom I thought was eaten by worms after crash landing the Cloud Curragh in the Dardun forest ot was that him. It's hard to tell them apart.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 January, 2010, 03:31:45 AM
Apart from that, it doesn't mean much to me at all.

Ouch, Deever! Coming from Thryllseekyr, that must really hurt.  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

ThryllSeekyr

I wasn't really thinkinm to offend with my words, but it's that I don't know. Sometimes I go overbaord, I waffle on, I feel the need to write more than is required and soemtimes I confused by what others write sometimes and thats that.

I not trying upset anybody seriously, I was just little confused by the second half of Deever's post, but there's no need to explain.

Lets just move thing right along....

If did offend, then I maybe I should stop and think before I post.

Thats all I can do damge control, as I norammly respect the opinions of alot of posters here and Deever's espeically.

Maybe I should get more sleep.

I was in funny mood at the time.

Damn it, it was just my poor choice of words.

Hope you all see my point, about Scota.

That picture is alittle scary.

Dog Deever

QuoteI was just little confused by the second half of Deever's post, but there's no need to explain.

Ah, but there is...
Ha Ha! I'm not getting offended!
I can't believe I'm even being taken seriously there at all, TS!
The bit about Scota's nips was a jokey 'thinly-veiled attempt' to have more breasts gratuitously posted in the thread at a larger size, which I thought was pretty obvious!

QuoteApart from that, it doesn't mean much to me at all.

I made a spelling mistake- damn that beer, it should have read:

Perhaps instruction from her grandchild, Setanta Mac Satellitetv, may have been called for.

Ummm... I was making a joke- teaching grannys to suck eggs...
Naw?

the rest of that- the verse part, was just me posting some of the Duan Eireannach after saying 'On with the discussion' to, kind of 'round the joke off' and give it a bit of polish!

As for the Picts/ Caledonians, I didn't think I'd given my opinion, just filled you in on the basic, conflicting current/ past theories of who the Picts were. I'm not qualified to give an opinion on it. I thought I was being helpful... you did ask.

I like this thread- I've been reading it- it's an impressive bit of research you've got there. I like the rambling delivery- it's your choice of words that stops it from being a dry list. I even said 'More Please'!
I'm sure Pat Mills would genuinely be delighted that his creation has you so enthusiastic about it- you can't give a creator a bigger compliment than that.
There is no damage to control, TS.

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting what I asked earlier.....

QuoteSome Cranes then herald the return of Lord Weird Slough Feg.

Apparently he disintergrated after a great battle Slough Throt whom I thought was eaten by worms after crash landing the Cloud Curragh in the Dardun forest ot was that him. It's hard to tell them apart.

Having quickly skimmed through Warrior's Dawn

I now realise that there's no part where we see Lord Weird Slough Feg get disintergrated in a battle with Slough Throt unless it's been left out deliberalty.

Perhaps this happened when Slough Throt stole his book.

When I first began rereading the Sky Chariots years ago. I was toying with the idea that Slaine being a devious barbrian, was really Slough Throt disguised as him or that was him assuming the identity of a Drune Lord. Not hard I reckon as they don't really have faces.

Merely showing them as two seperate people was just a another trick to story telling.

That would have meant that they both arrived in Gavra at the same time, and he was the one responcible for the murdered towns folk, and the buring of town as well.

Of course I didn't seriously consider this. I was just toying with this idea, seeing if it fits.

Slaine destroys the identity when he falls prey to the worms eating him alive.

Again, this is just another storytelling device.

Now, what if Slough Throt was really Slough Feg pretending to be Slough Throt. I think this might have been possible. I don't even beleive I seen them both together on the same page and if that would make sence.

Well, I could reread that whole chronicle again, and see if that fits.

Another thing, we all find out that Cador the Dodman Druid/Engineer of the mounds was travelling in the same coach with Nest and Slaine at the beginning of Dragonheist and later on we find out something about him.

Ws he at that time really Lord Weird Slough Feg in diguise. Was he a real person at all  and not just fake identity designed by the evil sorceror for the purposes of infiltration?

I wonder where he went when the others hoped off the coach?

If he was real person, then I wonder at which stage was he bumped off or just copied by the arch fiend?

Bride of Crom

Slaine's mother Macha dies after being sucked into running a race against a charioteer that ran right over her.  The bet orgnaised by father and husband Roth.

In the Black Flame novel. Slaine The Exile she is killed by a mob of Skullswords.

TordelBack

Probably wrong here, but Slough Feg's battle with Slough Throt was pretty much the whole of Sky Chariots.  It's Feg that sends the storm that causes the bull to break free, Feg that sends/directs the Skyblades, Feg that causes the animals to attack them in the forest... and finally sends the worms that do for Throt in the end.  All the time Throt is resisting him, with incantations and sacrifices - so it must have been a lot of effort for even the Lord Weird to triumph at a distance.  We don't see Feg disintegrate, but we're told that it was the strain of the duel that caused it. Remember that  Feg's schtick is that he's the Old Horned God, the one that refused to die after his reign was over, so a cycle of constant decay and occult regeneration are how he keeps going.

ThryllSeekyr

Which reminds me, I should pay more attention to every detail when reading something, even if I have done so more than once.

Thats one epic battle.

I've just been reading through the Tir Nan Ogg source book for the Slaine D20 game.

Here's what I got out of thier profile on Brotor. Basically treated as a warrior who now studies magic. Speacilises in battling Cythrons. Having sworn off violence. Myrddin plucked him from the time streams after he slew Brian Boru So he was the one killed that historical figure. At the time, he was the north god Voden's champion travelling bakwards and forwards in time reincarnating into events in time to play apart in history or future. The god Voden hinted to Brotor that Brian Boru was a Cythron agent and thus he killed him. His commander, by the way was Elfric Serpent-Eye. His Cythron connection unknown to [Brotor at the time.

So, I think his employment with Myrrddin was short lived since he got shot, his head blown off by Leyser gun weilding Lord Weird Slough Feg in the same story a few pages over. Of course, time isn't straight, but a spiral and I think they have revisited The Battle Of Clontarf more than once. Both events might have happened in separate stories.

The punishment for leaving the service of your god and such a violent one is death.

Bride of Crom

When Roth Belly Shaker witness's his son carrying the body of young Medb leaping from the top the burning wickerman. He assumed he never survive, perhaps not understanding what it means to be warped and threatens Lord Weird Sloug Feg standing nearby and papers to stab himself in the stomach. No doubt under the sudden mind control of the evil sorceror's power.

I've ony just noticed this, myself. Not that I beleived Roth ever escaped from the wickerman in time.

In the Sessair Tribe source book for Dtwenty Slaine theere scenario hook....

The Grapes of Roth

That Slaine's father back out of the grave.

It's about nurse maiding a over drunk Roth who imbibed too much ale in the great round hall who request that the player help him find his way back to his own hut.

It does hint this happens right after the death of Macha.