Spoilers > Megazine

Meg 430: The New Flesssh!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 March, 2021, 09:39:27 PM ---I really like The Returners and will re-read it again when its finshed - Si Spencer has written the next, final part, so we'll get to read it as a whole which I really look forward to as I suspect it will get new resonances.

--- End quote ---

I really hope Tharg collects the lot when it's done.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
Without Dreadnoughts, The Meg seems on first impression a little flat this month. That said, there have been many times of late where the only real standout has been a single strip- Lawless- so an issue where everything is hugely readable and the main concern is that *one if the best things the comic has ever run, has come to a temporary halt* can only be described as "a damn good Meg".

Megatropolis still soars above everything else, and unless replaced with the aforementioned Lawless, or an unexpectedly quick return of Dreadnoughts, will be catastrophically missed when it ends. The Dredd story sees Rory McConville seem to up his game and deliver a Dredd that would have fit anywhere in the established history and be hugely entertaining. The Returners, which has at times felt like the awkward fit in the lineup, tragically receives an ending that no one wanted- and I'm so glad that we have another series to enjoy and to cement Si Spencer's legacy. As for Deliverance- which for me succeeds or fails on your opinion of Nick Percival's art- delivers another episode that deserves to be shoved under the eyes of anyone who casually dismisses the craft of the comic artist.

Replacing Dreadnoughts with Devlin Waugh and his controversial dildo demon, was always going to be problematic. But I very much like this particular version of Waugh, and this one was excellent. If you'd asked me at some unspecified time in the distant past if I'd ever accept a Devlin Waugh by anyone other than John Smith I would have laughed in your face. But, do you know what, this run under Ales Klot is- okay I'll go there- as good as anything in that past. This, along with putting Alec Worley on HookJaw and Durham Red, shows why Matt Smith is probably the best editor working in comics today.

SBT

Sean SD:
My Top 3 for Meg 430

1st - Megatropolis - with the 1,2 punch of Megatropolis and Dreadnoughts minus DN in this Meg then this thrill wins it easliy
2nd - Devlin Waugh - not a huge fan of possessed dildo stories but this was the best Titivillus episode so far for me
3rd - Deliverance - Frrrrk?, Um and Whisper into 3rd this week with Whisper maybe inspiring Rosco to brave deeds

Don't really love the encyclopedia but i make sure I read every word that I've paid for lol
Find it interesting which thrills get left in the drawer for a long time with some never returning.

Holocaust 12, The Inspectre and Juliet November all sound like strips that would appeal to me should they come back.

BPP:
Literally can’t wait for the next Meg for the conclusion of Megatropolis. I thought some of the character call-backs were a bit over the top fan service but the key players nicely deployed and the art and tone just brilliant. Thanks to all involved in it for some seriously excellent fun comics.

If you’re nit reading the Meg you need this collected ASAP. 

JimmyNailz:
My Meg got lost in transit but  the lovely customer service droids at the Nerve Centre were kind enough to send me a new one.

Loved Dredd this month! A classic tale of Mega City craziness complimented with some outstanding artwork from Karl Richardson. The first page with the blurred backgrounds look incredible and really POP.

Megatropolis continues to be my favourite thing in the Meg at the moment. Niemand can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. Hi srecent run of Dredd's in the prog were fantastic but THIS is a masterpiece. Dave Taylors artwork is utterly gorgeous. LOVE! IT!!!

Devlin Waugh is a lot of fun. The opening panel is a lovely homage to a Dutch painting by Pieter Claesz called "A still life with a roemer, a crab and a peeled lemon" (currently on display at Art Gallery Of South Australia) and then we get more artwrold hi-jinx as the story unfolds. Mike Dowling's artwork is once again fab-u-lous!

Returners I need to (and will) read the first run of to know what's what but I do like the way the larger artwork jumps off the page.

Deliverance feels a bit sickly as its meant to. Nice to see the Dark Judges wear some new threads, but I hope its permanent. Fear without his helmet just isn't as cool looking.

All in all a top Meg even  without Dreadnoughts or Lawless. Tis truly a Golden Age!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version