Main Menu

ECBT2000AD podcast #32

Started by bluemeanie, 30 August, 2010, 11:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmaskrado

So I've been listening to the last half-dozen (or so) of these podcasts, and I love 'em.

2000AD has yet to make much of a splash here in the States, so it's ARSEOME to actually hear my favorite characters' names said out loud, and have my favorite creators' works discussed.

I've read every single issue of 2000AD and the Megazine (and Diceman, the annuals, the yearbooks, the poster magazines, etc.) since about '86, but my old fart's memory hasn't retained as much as I'd like (thank Grud for the trades!).

If you're ever interested in talking to a long-time fan with a "comedy accent," please feel free to drop me a line sometime. (Use maskrado@gmail.com)

Meanwhile, I'll continue to get funny looks on the bus as I break into spontaneous laughter listening to you guys on my iPod.

All the best, and continued success,
Steve Ross

PS. We in the States are about 4-6 weeks behind you, prog-wise, so I have to pace my listening to you guys to avoid spoilers.

bluemeanie

Cheers man, and we are usually about 3 or 4 weeks behind in recording anyway because we suck, so no worries there.

Next time I have to bail on one maybe Flint could give you a shout so he doesnt have to work around crappy time zone differences.... tho to be fair he makes the effort due to his crush on the Whittle.

Just posting ep33 to the GS guys so hopefully that will go up in the next day or so.

mrmaskrado

Cool!

I'll double my efforts to catch up on the podcasts (I'm about 2 and a half behind).

If I'm behind you guys in progs, I've read the Dredd movie script that went online, an could certainly say a few things about that.

I don't want to take any time away from Stace, who is a fantastic substitute hostess. If you haven't done so already, might I suggest that you have her translate Middenface McNulty's dialog into understandable English for your listeners, or at least have her read his lines out loud in her "comedy accent."

I'm following your blogs like some kind of creepy Yank stalker, but how do I find you guys on Facebook?

Best to y'all,
Steve Ross

bluemeanie

we dont got a proper facebook thing for the podcast because... well, we just havent

Im on Twitter tho and post up when theres a new one or some other bit of 2000AD business (like the interviews I did on the GS website)

twitter wotsit :
richmcauliffe_