Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: broodblik on 05 September, 2020, 03:00:12 PMI noticed that the Cor!! Buster Bumper Fun Book is now scheduled for a 24th of November release
Amazon seems to confirm a late-Nov release. If so: good.

broodblik

From Alex de Campi's twitter feed, a page out of the upcoming Battle Special. Se is working with teh great Glen Fabry:

I cannot wait for this special
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Rately

That is absolutely stunning. What a page.

broodblik

Is September national comics month ? with the a prog where everything is ending followed by a jump-on-prog. We also getting the 30 year anniversary edition of the meg. Too add to this we are getting two specials as well.

Here is he mini-preview of new stuff in the meg and Battle special:
https://downthetubes.net/?p=121386
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

dweezil2

Quote from: broodblik on 12 September, 2020, 03:27:56 PM
Here is a another preview of the Battle Special:

http://www.comicon.com/2020/09/12/preview-battle-of-britain-special-brings-back-a-classic-title-with-all-new-comics-and-more/

This just looks great !!!!

Wow that looks like it's going to live up to its name and be something very special indeed!  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

broodblik

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: broodblik on 18 September, 2020, 07:18:48 PM
December 2020 Solicitations:

https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/rebellion-december-2020-solicitations/

One day I'm sure we will hear the whole story of these Plague Months and the hoops Tharg and the droids had to jump through in order to get both the prog and Meg out. There are a lot of points of interest in that solicitation: most notably for me the continued non-appearance of Slaine and that The Alienist was/is due in the floppy. How much of a last minute thing was the decision to serialise the Encyclopedia? And are we, as Matt seemed to suggest in the recent interview, really getting it every month until Feb 2022?

Having seen part one, I'm happy for that, to be honest. Not least because its given me an excuse to buy an extra copy each month for my eldest- who reads the prog, and loves that kind of thing (I've only just got my copies of those Mongoose (?) Dredd guide books back from him after several years.

SBT

broodblik

According to the article for prog 2210 and 2211: ", and Slaine takes the fight to Brutus in "The Web of Weird" by Pat Mills and Leonardo Manco!"

Colin YNWA

Yeah its interesting that Alienst is listed as the floppie here. Might just be out of date info as I thought the encyclopedia was to be the next 12 months? Maybe they will drop in the odd other things to continue to mix it up? Who knows.

Looks like the line-up going into the new year will be Proteus Vex, Hershey, Deadworld and Fiends - I'm assuming the Johnny Alpha story will be a one off? Anyway if that is correct that's a decent line-up.

Colin YNWA

Oh and more Chimpsky is a very good thing.

TordelBack

Flintless Proteus Rex will be a wrench, and I'm not sure I can bring myself to read more Hershey (a first for me).

Deadworld, Fiends and Chimpsky though, bring it on!

broodblik

Lynch is on art duty for Proteus Vex and he did a great Flint impression in the Action Special for Hell Machine. I will wait and see how good he does Vex.

TordelBack

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Lynch, but the PV universe felt SO driven by the specific style Flint was using.