Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: challenge yourself!  (Read 845 times)

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
Re: challenge yourself!
« Reply #15 on: 02 April, 2021, 12:38:58 AM »
Oh, and I've had issues with my weight for most of my life, but up until the age of forty it was generally that I was under weight and couldn't put it on.  How things change...

I hear you... :(
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #16 on: 02 April, 2021, 09:28:27 AM »
Well…! Logged 81.6kg (12st 12lbs or 180lbs) at this morning's weigh-in.

That's 15.5kg off since I started this fitness/diet combo last May, and the first time almost thirty years I've been under 13st. Maybe another 3kg to lose.

We've been doing a keto (almost carb-free) diet since the 1st of March, and 5.3kg (12lbs) of that weight loss has come off in the last five weeks. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

You can even drink, as long as you're careful what booze you choose. 'Pure' spirits (vodka, whisky, gin) are OK, and still acceptable with a sugar-free mixer. Drinkwell has some rather acceptable carb-free red and white wines, and even a drinkable low-carb IPA.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dog Deever

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • FULL MENTAL
    • View Profile
    • If you like music, DON'T click here...
« Reply #17 on: 02 April, 2021, 01:07:31 PM »
Oh, and I've had issues with my weight for most of my life, but up until the age of forty it was generally that I was under weight and couldn't put it on.  How things change...

I hear you... :(

Me too- I just canna keep weight on at all- never have been able to, I weigh less than a stone more than when I was 17. It's a cold life in the winter being sleek.

I was getting pins and needles and loss of sensation in my drawing hand after about 20 minutes of drawing around last summer. After some thinking and poking around I decided to blame my rotator cuff and started to punish it hard in an effort to loosen it up and get my shoulder sitting in a position that would allow me to draw for more than 20 minutes at a time. It's been another rough patch with posture and neck/ back issues along the way and things were going well enough for a time but the endless COVID situation does make me lose focus for long periods (as I'm sure many people are experiencing). I should take inspiration from this thread and get back to working the kinks out of the joint.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Woolly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 April, 2021, 01:49:06 PM »
Got another quick character request done - a Sad Dalek, as requested by none other than Simon Fraser!

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 April, 2021, 02:18:39 PM »
Got another quick character request done - a Sad Dalek, as requested by none other than Simon Fraser!

Love it! Made me laugh out loud. Actually laugh out loud, I mean, not the Internet slang version!
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Woolly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 April, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »
Thanks me old :)

And these two makes six requests complete! Admittedly, each and every one of them is a rush job, but it's been fun!

Apart from the RoboCop one. I stopped that one because it was weirding me out a bit...

Trooper McFad

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 April, 2021, 05:25:37 PM »
They’re great Woolly - I especially like the idea of robo cop standing at an ice cream van asking for a 99 😂😂😂😂
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #22 on: Today at 09:33:51 AM »
The keto diet continues… that's 6.6kg (14.5lb) off since I started it on March 1st. Should be under 80kg (roughly 12.5st) in the next week or so, which has been a target weight that's eluded me by some margin on every other diet I've tried… and I've tried a few.

The diet's a bit of a faff, TBH. If my wife wasn't a) happy to do the diet as well, and b) working from home, making it practical to plan, prepare and cook three meals a day, then I don't think we could have managed it. But, clearly, it does work.

(Also, fortunately, I've never had a sweet tooth — we've never kept biscuits, chocolates or sweets in the house, nor sugary soft drinks. If you've got a more sugar-heavy diet, be aware that sugar withdrawal in the first week or so can be a complete sonofabitch.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:13:57 PM »
I've been struggling to lose 1 st. for ages. I had come within about 5 kg of my target weight before Christmas, but a lockdown Christmas ruined me and put me back up over the 1 st. mark.

Recently, I picked up my guitar again after a long break from it and low and behold I'm within 5kg of my target weight. I'm still very rusty but I think keeping my hands and mind occupied has kept me from making poor diet choices.

I would truly like to reach my goal of below 80kg (like Jim). I would like to get down to 75 kg, but I don't think that will ever happen again without either starving myself or exercising at dangerous levels.